Banking Awareness Questions for Bank Exams – SBI Clerks 2016.
Banking/Financial Awareness is very important section and the candidates who are preparing for bank exams should have knowledge in this part to qualify in any bank exam. Recently, SBI has released notification with huge vacancies. These banking awareness questions are prepared to crack bank exams and I think these are helpful in their exam preparation.
1. What is the maximum amount insured under DICGC?
1 Lakh Rupees.
2. Name the bank which was started the international debit card with the association of VISA Card?
3. Which PSU Bank has signed an agreement with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd. For accidental death coverage of an individual?
4. India’s gold demand has raised up by how much percentage in 2015 as per World’s Gold Council (WGC)?
5. Which public sector bank has recorded highest net loss of Rs.3342 crore in Dec 2015?
Bank of Baroda (H.Q. – Vadodara).
Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director – P.S. Jayakumar.
6. What is the expansion of the term ‘DICGC’?
Deposit Insurance Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC provides insurance for small depositors).
7. Who was the 1st governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Mr. Osborne Smith.
8. Who was the 1st Indian Governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India)?
Mr. C. D. Deshmukh.
9. NABARD (National Bank for agriculture and Rural Development) was established in 1982 under the recommendations of which committee?
Mr. B. Shivaraman Committee.
10. What is the full form of the term ‘MIBOR’?
Mumbai International Bank Offered Rate – It is the interest rate at which banks can borrow funds in marketable size from other banks in the Indian interbank market.
11. Which organizations are authorized to issue Priority Sector Lending Certificates (PSLC) when some banks are not able to meet their priority sector lending certificates?
NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies).
12. What does the letter L denote in the term ‘LAF’ related to the banking industry?
13. State Bank of India was previously known as __________________.
Imperial bank of India.
14. ‘One Bank One Family’ is the tagline of which public sector bank?
Bank of Maharashtra.
15. What is the time period for the bank to comply and initiate the compliance of award to Ombudsman?
16. Who is the top official of Bank Bureau Board?
17. What is the rate of interest that banks can charge from the RBI for their parked amount with the RBI?
Reverse Repo Rate.
18. What is the full form of ‘BCSBI’?
Banking Codes and Standards Board of India. (BCSBI is the self-regulatory body which is established in February 2016 based on S.S.Tarapore Committee for better quality of service).
19.Which bank is the first bank to roll out ‘Sukanya Samruddi Yojana’ which was introduced by Modi government?
Punjab National Bank.
20. Which is the first bank to introduce ‘MUDRA Card’?
Corporation Bank. (MUDRA – Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency