Banking Current Affairs
Banking Awareness Questions and Answers 2016
1. Which bank has bagged ‘IBA Banking Technology Award’ in the category of ‘Best Risk and Fraud Management Initiative – Runner Up’ as part of IBA Technology Expo and Awards 2016?
Karnataka Bank (Chief General Manager of Karnataka bank – Mahabaleshwar received the award from RBI Deputy Governer ‘H.R.Khan’ and IBA Chairman- Ashwani Kumar).
2. RBI recently signed currency swap agreement with which foreign bank to strengthen economic ties with the gulf nation?
The Central Bank of UAE. (Governor of UAE Central bank- Mubarak Rashed Al Mansoori.
3. The Corporation bank has signed MoU with _____________ for providing accident death coverage to its saving bank account holders under Corp Signature, Corp Super, and Corp Saral category.
Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd.
4. What is the fiscal deficit target for the year 2016-17?
3.5% of GDP.
5. Which act will be amended to strengthen asset reconstruction companies which will help in dealing with stressed assets of banks?
6. What is the total estimated amount to be spent on Roads and Railways in 2016-17?
7.What is the approximate contribution of real estate in India’s national GDP?
8. How many Multi Skill Training Institutes will be setup under ‘Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana’?
9. Recently RBI has cancelled the registration of how many NBFCs(Non-Banking Financial Companies) under section 45-IA(6) of RBI Act, 1934?
10. RBI has signed Information Exchange pact related to banking supervision with which country’s bank?
Bank of Israel.
11. Which bank has started India’s first G-sec (Government Securities) investment facility through ATM for retail investors?
12. Which bank has launched contactless mobile payment solution – Touch & Pay based on Near Field Communication Technology?
13. RBI has extended the $2 billion SAARC Currency Swap Agreement till ___________.
14th November 2017.
14. SBI has launched the SBI e-smart SME to offer e-commerce loan for sellers in e-commerce platform with the partnership of which e-commerce platform?
Snapdeal (CEO of Snapdeal – Sri Kunal Bahl).
15. Consider which of the following statements are correct?
(A) PNB has declared Kingfisher Airlines and Vijay Mallya as ‘wilful defaulter’.
(B) The bank has an exposure of around Rs.710 crore towards the Kingfisher Airlines.
(C) Kingfisher Airlines has an outstanding exposure of around Rs.7000 crore towards 11 state-run banks.
All the above statements A, B, and C are Correct.
16. Which PSU bank has become the first bank to launch wealth management service to cater to fast growing affluent segment of the country?
State Bank of India.
17. What is the total budget allocated for the Neeranchal project being implemented with the assistance of World Bank?
Rs. 2142 crore.
18. Recently SBI has concluded a deal for $500 million line of credit with which country’s Export-Import Bank?
19.India has been elected to the board of directors of which China sponsored bank?
Asian Institutional Investment Bank (AIIB).
20. According to FICCI, What is the growth rate of Indian economy during 2015-16?