Banking Current Affairs – Latest Banking Awareness Questions for Bank Exams 2016
1.Which of the following banks launched ‘ Japan Desk’ a single window for inbound Japanese Investment in India?
State Bank of India has launched ‘Japan Desk in February 2016.
2. What are the most preferred bonds through which banks raise their additional Tier-1 (ATI) capital?
3. How much amount has been allocated in Budget 2016 towards the recapitalization of state-run banks in next fiscal?
Rs.25, 000 Crore.
4. What is the new system launched by Axis bank for employee appraisal and decided to implement from the financial 2016-17?
5. Which bank is the largest bank in terms of market capitalization?
6. Which bank has joined hands withIndian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) to push green power in Feb? 2016?
7. Which bank has decided to auction Kingfisher House in Mumbai in a bid to recover a part of due from the King Fisher Airlines?
State Bank of India- led the consortium to recover a part of Rs.6963 Crore due from King Fisher Airlines. This e-auction will be done under SARFAESI Act 2002.
8. Which bank has launched a flexibly home loan scheme for young working professionals in February 2016?
State Bank of India.
9. Which bank was suffered a lot with a series of online banking glitches due to cyber attacks recently?
10. The IFC (International Financial /corporation in /february 2016 reissued Rs.180 crore of its rupee denominated bonds known as___________.
Current Affairs Questions related to Banking
11. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made the online filling of which of the following form mandatory from February 8, 2016?
Advance Remittance Form, Foreign Collaboration & Transfer of Shares Form and Foreign collaboration General Permission Route Form.
12. RBI allowed banks to sell Indian Gold Coins(IGC) minted by _________.
Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India.
13. RBI bought Rs.10, 000 crores of bonds through its Open Market Operations. What do you mean by Open Market Operations?
Buying and Selling of Government Securities in the Open Market.
14. Name the electronic format of Reserve Banks core Banking Solution?
15.RBI raised the threshold for reporting of frauds for NBFC from Rs.25 Lakhs to ________.
16. RBI allowed banks to qualify what percent of SLR bonds as Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) in February 2016?
17. RBI has proposed changes in the time frame for share issuance. As per new norms an investee company receiving FDI should issue shares within __________ of receipt of foreign investment.
18. With Which of the following bank, RBI has signed pact for currency swap in February 2016?
19.Which bank partnered with the smart box in February 2016 to help reduce delivery returns for e-commerce firms?
20. Which bank has launched Visa debit card in February 2016 that will be accepted globally at more than 30 million visa merchants?
21. mRUPEE tied up with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) to provide an additional payment gateway, mRupee is a subsidiary of ________.
22.Which bank has launched the first Master Card certified wearable device for its customers in February 2016?
23. Name the open source platform for mobile to mobile fund transfers that facilitate transactions between mobile apps of different banks without account details?
UPI (Unified Payments Interface).
24. Which e-commerce company has been established small and medium business to go online and sell products?
25. Wipro Limited has acquired US-based healthcare technology firm Health Plan Services for __________.
26. Govt. of India permitted the closure of PPF accounts in genuine cases with the penalty of ________.
27. Govt. of India has launched __________ to prevent the leakages in flagship of rural job programme MGNREGA?
Direct Benefit Transfer to bank accounts.
28. Which city is at the top position in City Challenge competition from the first list of 20 smart cities in India?
29. The central govt. has decided to initiate BIN (Business Identification Number) for companies. As per proposal Which Identity may become BIN for companies?
30. RBI asked all banks to follow counting standard Ind A S converged with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) from __________.
31. The Stockholding Corporation ties up with which of the following payment platform to enable QR code based payment?
32. Name the first smart village in North-East?
33. How many Insurance Marketing companies got license fro IRDAI in 2016?
Four Companies – Team Health Insurance Marketing, SixSigma Financial Solutions, Bellwether Insurance Marketing Firm, Futuristic Life Insurance Marketing.
34.The LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) has recently established its own insurance repository in 2016. What is the name of that initiative by LIC of India?
LIC E-services – This service allows its existing stand to check details of policies,settlement status, to buy new policies.
35. What was the GDP growth rate during 2015-16?
36.As per the CSO (Central Statistics Office) report released in February 2016. What is the estimated growth rate of India’s per capita income during 2015-16?
37. SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) announced to set up a task force for commodity exchanges. At present how many national level commodity derivative exchanges are there in India?
38. The leading stock exchange BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) issued a new set of guidelines for bidding in the OFS. What does OFS stands for?
Offer for Sale Segment.
39. Which IT giant has announced to make public emergency alerts for floods in India?
40. Which company has launched the world’s Cheapest mobile phone ‘Freedom 251’ and came under excise IT – Department scanner in February 2016?
41. Microsoft has been acquired the software company ‘Swift key’ that belongs to _________.