Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/shhivalilla5126/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3923
Banking News February 2017 PDF Free | Banking Current Affairs 2017
Major Financial and Economy News 2017
For all competitive exams and especially for bank exams in 2017, these current affairs related to the banking industry and economy are very much important and expected to ask in upcoming SBI PO 2017 also. Here we are providing more than 50 questions on the banking news February 2017. Those who are preparing for upcoming bank exams or competitive exam can go through these questions and stay tuned for further updates on banking news and for upcoming government job notifications 2017.
Banking Current Affairs February 2017
1. which bank has opened new branches without employees fully automated branches where customers can use ATMs and do video conferences with employees in other branches?
Bank of America.
2. Which public sector bank has signed a MoU with Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to set up the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) with an authorized capital of Rs. 2,000 crore?
3. Recently RBI has provided access to ETCD for NRIs to hedge currency risk arising out of their investments in India. Expand ETCD.
Exchange Traded Currency Derivatives
4. The State Bank of India (SBI) has got approval on 16th February 2017 from Union Ministry to merge its five of SBI Associate banks under Section 35 of the SBI Act, 1955? Name them.
State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur,
State Bank of Hyderabad,
State Bank of Mysore,
State Bank of Patiala and
State Bank of Travancore.
5. India stood at which position in Economic Freedom Index by Americal thinktank – Heritage Foundation?
India – 143rd rank. (previous year 123 rank)
6. Which is the recapitalization plan recently government plans to come out with an aim to clean up the balance sheets of PSBs to ensure banks remain solvent and fully comply with global capital adequacy norms, Basel-III?
7. Who has been selected as the brand ambassidor of SBI PO recruitment 2017?
Arundhati Bhattacharya (CEO of SBI).
8. The Union HRD Ministry has made which identity proof mandatory to avail benefit under the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University students?
9. Which bank has been conferred with ISO 27001: 2013 certification award for its Information Security Management System (ISMS)?
South Indian Bank
(CEO: V. G. Mathew,
Head Office: Thrissur, Kerala,
Tagline: Experience next generation banking)
Which bank has got National MSME Excellence Award 2017 by Federation of Industry, Trade, and Services (FITS)?
RBI Policy Rates – February 2017
Repo Rate – 6.25%
Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75%
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) – 4.00%
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) – 6.75%
Bank Rate – 6.75%
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) – 20.50%.
10. Who took charge as the MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange (NSE) on 3rd February 2017?
Vikram Limaye (NSE Head office: Mumbai).
11. The RBI has waived off fee charges for the transactions up to what amount settled on IMPS, UPI and USSD as part of digital promotions?
(Immediate Payment Service – IMPS,
Unified Payment Interface – UPI,
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data – USSD).
12. Which is PSU bank planning to launch 276 more branches in the southwestern area of India by the end of this fiscal year?
United Bank of India
(MD and CEO of UBI: Pawan Bajaj,
Tagline: The Bank that begins with
Head Office: Kolkata, West Bengal)
13. Name the committee which was set up by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on cyber security to examine various threats and suggest measures deal cyber crimes?
N K Singh committee
(Meena Hemachandra is the head of this committee).
14. Which bank has launched online chat service facility for its customers who logged into CBOL its online banking portal to resolve customer queries?
(The chat service is available from 9 am to 9 pm,
Pramit Jhaveri is the CEO of Citi India)
15. The State Bank of India launches Korea desk in Mumbai with the collaboration of which bank?
Korea Development Bank (KDB) – The head of the Korea desk is Woong Soo Choi).
16. Who has been appointed as a chairman of SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) for the next 5 years after succeeding previous Chief U.K. Sinha?
Mr. Ajay Tyagi
17. Recently India Postal Circle has started its banking services with establishing IPPB (The India Post Payments Bank) as public sector organization. What is the tagline of IPPB?
Aapka bank, Aapke dwaar.
18. Which was the first state to establish a cashless digital system by installing Aadhaar Enabled Payment System in India for distributing grains as part of Public Distribution System?
NFSA – National Food Security Act.
PDS – Public Distribution System.
19. Who is the chairman of CBDT (Central Bureau of Direct Taxes)?
20. The IPPB (Indian Post Payment Bank) has started its pilot services by opening branches in which cities?
Raipur and Ranchi.
21. Who is the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of IPPB (Indian Post Payment Bank)?
22. Which is public sector bank helping IPPB to set up its pilot branches at Ranchi and Raipur?
Punjab National Bank.
Punjab National Bank and India Post Payments Bank have signed a MoU to achieve strategic depth in financial inclusion (FI).
23. How much was the paid up equity of the new bank of India Post – IPPB (Indian Post Payment Bank)?
Rs. 800 crore.
Union Telecom Minister: Manoj Sinha
24. The commodity online portal which is providing online data and information has been linked with which bank for distribution of loans against warehouse receipts and collateral management services?
(Head office: Kochi,
CEO: Mr. Shyam Srinivasan,
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner).
25. Who were appointed as directors on the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) by the Government of India (GoI) for a period of 4 years term?
Dr. Ashok Gulati, Dr. Rajiv Kumar, and Manish Sabharwal.
26. How much amount was allocated for the recapitalization of Banks for this year union budget 2017?
27. How much was the Budget target under PMMY (Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana) for this year Budget plan?
2.44 lakh crores.
28. The FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) giant ITC company has sold its stake to which public sector organization to raise Rs. 6690 crores?
LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India).
29. What is the emergency assistance fund allocated for 48 million children by UNICEF ( United Nations International Children’s Fund )?
3.3 billion dollars
30. The Union Ministry has launched which program with an objective to provide digital training to 6 crore rural people with an estimation of Rs 2351.38 crore?
(PMGDISHA) Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan.
31. Who is the CMD of Dena Bank?
32. who has been elected as the President of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountant of India?
Nilesh Shivji Vikamsey.
33. The central government sanctions _________ to IPPB (India Post Payments Bank) for the financial year 2017-18?
Rs 500 crore (IPPB plans to set up 650 branches throughout India by the end of September 2017).
34. Recently Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) has been tied up with which organization to launch robot-advisory platform?
(LVB’s CEO: Parthasarathi Mukherjee,
Head office: Chennai,
Tagline: The Changing Face of Prosperity)
35. In which city, Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd. (HDIL) plans to launch its new budget plan to provide homes at reasonable low cost to the maximum number of people?
36. Which city the 25th edition of NASSCOM India Leadership Forum was to discuss on several issues growth prospects and the transformation path of India’s Technology Industry’s to become a digital technology industry by developing its digital capabilities?
NASSCOM Chairman: C.P. Gurnani,
NASSCOM President: R. Chandrasekhar.
37. According to CSO (Central Statistical Office) Report, how much percentage of India’s Industrial Output was lowered due to demonetization in December 2016?
38. Which Union ministry has approved Electronic Development Fund with the total fund of a corpus of Rs. 6837 crores to support entrepreneurship and innovation in IT and electronics?
Law and IT minister- Ravi Shankar Prasad.
39. What is the main agenda of the Union Budget 2017-18 announced by Indian Finance /minister on 1st February 2017?
TEC India (Transform Energize Clean).
40. According to Economic Outlook Survey 2017, what was the economic GDP growth rate projected by FICCI for the FY2017?
FICCI – Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
41. What is the total budget expenditure allocated for the FY 2017-18?
Rs. 21.47 Lakh crore.
42. Who was appointed as India’s Principal Economic Advisor and he also won Young Global Leader 2010 award by WEF (World Economic Forum)?
43. Which has public sector bank been linked up with Future Generali India Insurance company Ltd. for bank-assurance?
Bank of Maharashtra.
Bank-assurance means the agreement or relationship between an insurance company and a bank so that the insurance company can sell its various insurance products to the bank’s client base.
44. The Union Ministry has been approved the loans tenure under CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Mission from 15 years to __________.
45. NABARD sanctions how many loans for the drinking water project of the Haryana State?
Rs. 157 crore.
46. Name the service that has been launched by the Income tax department to verify large cash deposits in Banks?
Operation Clean Money.
47. Which has private sector bank been partnered with Earthport plc to enable faster outbound cross-border payments of its customers?
(CEO: Shikha Sharma,
Head office: Mumbai,
Tagline: Badhti ka name Zindagi).
48. The union finance ministry plans to set up a separate Payments Regulatory Board (PRB) to resolve disputes and provide customer protection in digital payments. PRB comes under _________.
RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
49. According to HSBC, What is the India’s GDP growth rate for the financial year 2017?
50. How many penalties will be imposed on below 5 lakh rupees income groups for late filing of income tax returns?
51. What is the percentage of income tax rate reduced from 10% to low-income group around 2.5 lakh rupees by the Finance Minister?
52. Who is the CEO of Bandhan Bank that retains focus on micro credit from now?
Chandra Sekhar Ghosh.
Banking News February 2017 PDF Free | Banking Current Affairs 2017
Foreign Exchange Management Act – FEMA.
Foreign Investment Promotion Board –FIPB.
Foreign Portfolio Investors – FPIs.
Non-Residents Indians – NRIs.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan – PMGDISHA.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana – PMBJP.
Asset Quality Review – AQR
International Intellectual Property Index –IIPI
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement – DTAA
Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement – CEPA.
Transform Energize Clean – TEC [TEC is an agenda of the budget plan by our finance Minister Arun Jaitley].
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry – FICCI.
United Nations International Children’s Fund – UNICEF.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMAY.
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme – CLSS.
National Bank For Agriculture & Rural Development – NABARD.
Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana – CMSGUY
National Regulatory Authority of India – NRAI
Information Security Management System – ISMS
Banking News February 2017 PDF Free Download