Banking News March 2017 – Latest Banking Current Affairs
1. True Caller has been partnered with which bank to launch its UPI-based mobile payment service- Truecaller-Pay?
ICICI Bank. (This app will be used to pay bills, transfer money through secured UPI service)
Head Office: Mumbai,
ICICI Bank CEO: Chanda Kochhar
Tagline: Hum Hain Na!
2. The State Bank of India (SBI) has signed two MoUs with which state government for providing Education loans and Housing loans?
Assam. ( Assam CM: Sarbananda Sonowal, Governor: Banwarilal Purohit, Capital: Dispur)
3. Which bank has launched FASTag service with the collaboration of Indian Highways Management Company to enable the vehicles to move without the need of joining
took in Queues at toll plazas?
Karur Vysya Bank.
KVB MD& CEO: K. Venkatraman
Head Quarters: Karur, Tamilnadu.
Tagline: Smart Way to Bank.
4. Who is the newly appointed Deputy Governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India), he take charge from April 2017?
B.P. Kanungo. ( he will be appointed in place of R. Gandhi as Dy. Governor of RBI).
5. Which public sector bank been tied up with Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.(FGII) for bancassurance?
MD & CEO of UCO Bank: Ravi Krishan Takkar,
Head Quarters: Kolkata,
Tagline: Honours your trust
Bancassurance: Bancassurance is the relationship or partnership with an insurance company with the bank to sell its life insurance and other insurance products to its customers.
6. Which bank has started Aadhar-based payment through its UPI app- ‘SIB M-Pay’?
South Indian Bank (SIB)
Unified Payment Interface-UPI
South Indian Bank CEO: Mr. V.G Mathew
7. Which private sector bank has signed an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) Securities Services Limited – ISSL to acquire 100% stake?
Head Quarters: Mumbai,
Managing Director and CEO of IndusInd Bank: Romesh Sobti
Tagline: We Make You Feel Richer.
8. Which bank has signed MoU with CREDAI to work towards providing housing for all by initiating various activities to accomplish this by the next 3 years?
State bank of India.
- CREDAI – Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India
- CREDAI is the largest real estate association in the country with over 11,500 members.
The common objective of both SBI and CREDAI is that every Indian should have a house of their own. To provide housing facility with more affordable cost. Its aim to construct 5000 crore houses by the year 2022
- CREDAI Chairman: Irfan Razack,
President: Getamber Anand,
9. Which are PSU banks merging with the largest banking sector in India – State bank of India?
The five Associate banks of SBI has been merged with SBI along with BMB (Bharatiya Mahila Bank).
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ),
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH),
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM),
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP), and
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
10. RBI is about to introduce new currency notes of the Rs.10 denomination of having which inset letter on both number panels with enhanced security features?
11. Name the two telecom companies that they are going to merge their operations to create India’s largest telecom company?
Idea and Vodafone.
- Chairman of Vodafone-Idea merged entity: Kumar Mangalam Birla.
- Britain’s Vodafone merger with India’s subsidiary Idea cellular.
- The merger will complete in next 2 years to create the largest market leader in the telecom sector in India.
12. Which bank has launched India’s first ever bio-metric based payment system “Aadhar pay” in march 2017?
13. Which state government sanctions Rs. 10 crore fund ‘Idea2POC’for women entrepreneurs?
POC -Proof of Concept.
14. According to OECD (Economic Co-operation and Development), What was the reduction in India’s growth forecast for this fiscal year 2016-17?
7% (2016-17) from 7.4% (2015-16).
15. The Reliance General Insurance (RGI), has been linked with which bank for bancassurance?
Catholic Syrian Bank.
16. Who is the new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of United Bank Limited (UBL)?
She is the first woman to become a CEO of the major commercial bank in Pakistan.
Head Quarters of UBL Bank: Karachi, Pakistan.
17. Which bank has launched ‘MoneyPlant RuPay International Platinum Debit Card’?
Karnataka Bank (HQ: Mangalore, CEO: Poli Jayarama Bhat)
18. The Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) City has signed and agreement with for mutual co-operation in the fields of banking and financial services?
Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
GIFT CEO: Ajay Pandey,
DIFC CEO: Arif Amiri.
Banking News March 2017 PDF Free Download