Current Affairs Questions for Bank Exams – 19th April 2016.
1. Name the person who has been appointed as chief selector of Pakistan cricket team by PCB (Pakistan Cricket Team) on April 18th?
2. World Bank has announced to set up the new alliance with which institute to make ECD (Early childhood Development Programme a global policy?
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund)
Head Quarters: New York City. President of UNICEF: Mr. Sven Jurgenson
3. Who is the president of ‘World Bank’?
Jim Yong Kim. Head Quarters of ‘World Bank’: Washington D.C.
4. Name the ‘App’ a record of Indian IT Journey contains 37 hours of footage, 350 articles archives and 12000 tags for easy browsing and it was launched by Infosys Co-Founder ‘G.Gopala Krishnan’ ?
5. Who was appointed as CEO of Tata Steel UK to quicken the sale of its loss-making business in that country?
Mr Bimlendra Jha.
6. JK Tyre & Industries had acquired a unit of Birla Group Firm Kesovam Industries ‘Cavendish Industries’ for Rs.2195 Crore.
7. What is the percentage rise in the net profit of LIC Housing Finance by the end of the 4th quarter?
20% ( Rs.1667.70 crores).
8. Name the oldest human alive who was the driver of Indian Freedom Fighter – Subhash Chandra Bose and opened a bank account at the age of 116 years?
9. Name the country which is in the world’s top position in the production of wine?
10. World Heritage Day is observed on which day?
11. Who was appointed as first woman DGP of Gujarat?
12. ‘World Haemophilia Day’ is observed on which day?
13. Which state government has introduced a hologram technique to check the bogus liquor and made it compulsory to have a hologram on every bottle to sale and purchase in the state?
14. The central government has released a commemorative coin and circulation coin under the name of which outstanding leader of India who had taken part in India’s First War of Independence in 1857?
Tantya Tope. ( His actual name was Ramchandra Pandurang Tope).
15. Name the person – The Silicon Valley Coach and Mentor who was died on 18th April 2016 due to ‘cancer’ at the age of 75?
William Bill Campbell.
16. Which country has found the mosquito that transmits the Zika Virus which transmits sexually and causes babies to be born with abnormal defects?
Chile ( Capital: Santiago, Currency: Peso, President: Michelle Bachelet
17. Who was clinched with Laureus World’s SportsMan of the Year Award at Berlin, Germany on 18th April 2016?
Novak Djokovic (Serbia).
18. Who was awarded with Laureus World’s SportsWoman of the Year Award in Berlin, Germany on 18th April 2016?
19. Name the person who has been newly appointed as a chairperson of NMA(National Monument Authority)?
20. What is the name of first Online Interactive Heritage Portal of India?