Current Affairs QUIZ – 20th March 2016
1. Who is the CEO of one of the largest social networking site ‘Twitter’?
2. What is the characters limit per tweet in “twitter” at present?
At present, the characters limit per tweet is 140 chars. Twitter plans to increase the char limit to 10, 000 to allow users to share messages up to 10,000 characters in coming future.
3. Recently LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) has reduced its shareholdings to ________ at PSU banks in 2016?
11.01%. (LIC is one of the biggest investors at PSU Banks).
4.According to Asia Rich List 2016, Which Indian brothers has got the top rank at UK’s richest Asians 2016 among 101 Rich Industrialists?
1st Rank – G P Hinduja & S P Hinduja (Hinduja Brothers with 16.5 billion pounds).
2nd Rank – Lakshmi N Mittal
3rd Rank – Sri Prakash Lohia ( Indorama Corporation Chairman)
4th Rank – Arora Brothers.
5. Expand the term FIPB – Foreign Investment Promotion Board.
6. How much amount of FDIs are allowed in Insurance Sector under automotive route by the govt.?49%? (Previously, it was 26% and now it is increased to 49% with a view to encouraging foreign investors in domestic markets and govt. eased the FDI norms in the insurance sector.)
7. Expand the term NCATE – National Civil Aviation Training Entity.
8. What are the newly reduced interest rates in PPF (Public Provident Fund), KVP (Kisan Vikas Patra), SSAS (Sukanya Smarudhi Account Scheme), SCSS (Senior Citizen Savings Scheme), NSC (National Saving Certificate) which are decline by the govt. and come to effect from April 1st, 2016 to June 30th, 2016?
|Scheme||Old Interest Rates||New Interest Rates|
9. Who is the president of IBJA (Indian Bullion and Jeweler’s Association)?
10. Which state govt. launches the ‘Mobile Malaria Detection Unit’ to provide free treatment for malaria patients at their door steps?
Mangalore City in Karnataka State. (Under this service, the patient has to call to the mobile no. 9448556872 and give the address details, Then MMDU will come to the patient’s house and provide free services till they cure.)
11. Who launched the ‘Mobile Malaria Detection Unit’ in Mangalore city for providing free treatment to the malaria patients?
The Health and Family Welfare Minister of Karnataka State – U.T. Khader launched this service.