Current Affairs QUIZ for Bank Exams 2016 – 28th, 29th & 30th August 2016.
1. According to RBI, What would be the India’s economic growth rate for the current fiscal year 2016-17?
7.6% (previously in FY 2015-16, it was 7.2%).
2. The Cricket Legend and also Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian team at Rio-Olympics 2016 ‘Sachin Tendulkar’ has gifted BMW cars to the PV Sindhu (Badminton), Sakshi Malik (Wrestler), Dipa Karmakar (Gymnast), coach Pullela Gopichand
3. What is the capital and currency of the country ‘Vietnam’ that was recently visited by Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi?
Capital: Hanoi, Currency: Vietnamese Dong.
4. Who won ‘Belgian Grand Prix 2016’ of Formula One?
Nico Rosberg (Germany).
5. Which day is observed as National Sports Day 2016?
29th August 2016.
6. On which day ‘World Humanitarian Day’ is observed?
19th august. (World Photography Day is also celebrated on this day).
7. Who will be appointed as the next CMD (Chief Managing Director) of Larsen & Turbo (L&T)?
S N Subrahmanyan.
8. Name the foreign bank which has been opened its branch recently in Kerala?
Doha Bank (Qatar).
9. Who is the chief minister of Kerala?
10. Which private sector bank has recently launched the mobile app ‘KBL-SMARTz’ built on
UPI (Unified Payments Interface) of NPCI ( National Payments Corporation of India )?
Karnataka Bank. (CEO & MD of Karnataka Bank: P Jayarama Bhat).
11. India ranked which position on ‘Global Innovation Index 2016’?
66th Rank. (Switzerland is at top position).
12. Which country is world’s biggest wheat exporter for the first time?
13. Our Prime Minister Mr. Modi is inaugurated today the first phase of Irrigation project – SAUNI. What will be the aim of this project?
To fill the 10 dams and reservoirs of Jamnagar, Rajkot, and Morbi with the water of Narmada river.
UPI: Unified Payments Interface.
NPCI: National Payments Corporation of India.
SAUNI: Saurashtra Narmada Avataran for Irrigation.