Important Current Affairs June 2017 Questions & Answers – 2nd Week June
Banking & Economy News June 2017 – 2nd Week
1. According to BCSBI’s Code Compliance Rating of Banks, Which is the only PSU Bank that has the high rating for their adherence to code compliance among 26 PSU Banks in India?
IDBI Bank’s CEO: Mahesh Kumar Jain
Head Office: Mumbai
BCSBI was formed in 2006 and it’s Head Office: Mumbai,
BCSBI’s Chairman: A C Mahajan.
2. The central government has made which identity proof as mandatory for opening bank account
and to perform banking transactions above Rs. 50, 000?
3. Which bank has approved $150 million equity investment loan for India Infrastructure Fund?
AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank)
Head Office: Beijing, China.
President: Jin Liqun.
4. Which bank has signed a pact with the New India Assurance Company Ltd. to sell insurance policies?
Canara Bank MD & CEO: Shri. T.N. Manoharan
Head Office of Canara Bank: Bengaluru,
Tagline: Together We Can.
Chairman & Managing Director of New India Assurance Co Ltd: Mr. G. Srinivasan
5. The Reserve Bank of India issues new banknotes with the denomination Rs. 500 with the inset letter of ______.
6. Who was appointed as a part-time chairman of Lakshmi Vilas Bank for the next three years?
B K Manjunath
LVB Head Quarters: Chennai, Tamilnadu.
7. Which PSU bank has put under PCA (Prompt Corrective Action) due to its negative return on assets and the high ratio of bad loans other than IDBI Bank, UCO Bank, Dena Bank and Indian Overseas Bank?
Central Bank of India.
CMD: Shri. Rajeev Rishi
Head Office: Mumbai
Tagline: “Central To you Since 1911″
8. Which telecom company has acquired Yahoo’s Core Business for $4.48 billion?
National & International Affairs
9. According to Forbes Magzine, Who topped the list of World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities in 2016-17?
Sean Combs (Musician) with $130 Million
Salman Khan (India) – 70th Position with $37 million
10. Recently India has signed an agreement with which country to provide $10 million assistance for infrastructure development projects?
Currency: South Korean won
President: Moon Jae-in (From May 2017).
Prime Minister: Hwang Kyo-Ahn.
11. According to the report of CRY ( Child Rights & You), Which state has topped the list of maximum Child Labour?
UP Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath,
Governor: Ram Naik.
12. Which state government has signed an MOU with British Council to enhance the quality of education?
Chief Minister: Pawan Kumar Chamling
13. Which state government has launched the web portal for sale & purchase of cattle to facilitate farmers? Name the web portal?
Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan.
Science & Technology
14. Which country has launched the first X-ray space telescope to study black holes, pulsars, and gamma-ray bursts?
Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope (HXMT) named as ‘Insight’ and it is 2.5-tonnes of weight.
China’s Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi
China’s President: Xi Jinping
Prime Minister: Li Keqiang
Awards & Honours
15. Who was conferred with the prestigious Man Booker International Prize 2017 for his novel “A Horse Walks Into a Bar”?
David Grossman ( Russian).
16. Who has been honored with Bhupen Hazarika National Award 2017 for his outstanding work at national and the international level in literature?
Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi (Writer).
17. Name the girl who has been crowned with “Little Miss Universe Internet 2017” and “Little Miss Actress” honor at the port city of Batumi in Georgia?
Padmalaya Nanda ( a 12-Year-Old girl from Odisha).
Georgia’s Capital: Tbilisi
Currency: Georgian Lari.
18. Who is the MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange (NSE) of India?
19. Who were appointed as the India’s next ambassador to three Europian Countries (Belgium, Italy, and Denmark) by the Union government?
India’s next ambassador to Belgium – Gaitri Issar Kumar,
India’s next ambassador to Italy – Reenat Sandhu,
India’s next ambassador to Denmark – Ajit Vinayak Gupte.
Belgium’s Prime Minister – Charles Michel (Since 2014).
Belgium’s Capital- Brussels
Italy’s President: Sergio Mattarella,
Prime Minister: Paolo Gentiloni
Denmark’s Prime Minister: Lars Lokke Rasmussen
Currency: Danish krone.
20. Which Indian-Origin man appointed as the youngest Prime Minister of Ireland?
Leo Varadkar. (38 years).
Points to Remember:
Ireland’s President: Michael D. Higgins
21. Who is the first Indian Woman, appointed as the Member of ITLOS (International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea)?
22. According to Forbes Magzine, Which Indian sportsperson has been named in the list of world’s highest-paid athletes 2016-17?
Virat Kohli (89th position).
23. Who won 10th French Open Tennis Title 2017 and 2nd position in ATP World Rankings 2017?
Rafael Nadal ( Spain)
24. Which Indian cricketer has created a record as the quickest batsman by scoring 8000 runs in (ODI) One-Day International cricket?
25. Who won the gold medal in mixed team 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup at Azerbaijan?
Jitu Rai & Heena Sidhu.
Points to Remeber:
Azerbaijan Capital: Baku,
President: Ilham Aliyev
Prime Minister: Artur Rasizade.
French Open Title 2017 Winners
Men’s Singles: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Women’s Singles: Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia)
Men’s Double’s Title: Michael Venus and Ryan Harrison
Women’s Double’s Title: Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova
Mixed Doubles: Rohan Bopanna and Gabriela Dabrowski
UNCLOS: United Nations Convention On The Law of SEA.
BCSBI: Banking Codes and Standards Board of India
IRDAI: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
ILO: International Labour Organisation
MGNREGP: Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Program
DRDO: Defence Research and Development Organization.
OEEC: Organisation for European Economic Cooperation
Books & Authors:
“Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature” – Jairam Ramesh.
“A Horse Walks Into a Bar” – David Grossman.
Important Days in June 2nd Week:
World Oceans Day – 8th June
World Day Against Child Labour − 12th June
International Albinism Awareness Day – 13th June
World Blood Donor Day – 14th June