Latest Current Affairs 2016: (18th March 2016)
1. India & Switzerland make plans on information exchange on tax issues.
Swiss Ambassador to India: Linus Von Castelmur.
3. CAD (Current Account Deficit):
India’s CAD has reduced to 0.7% of the GDP in the fiscal year 2016. Previously it was 1.3% in 2015.
4. Minister of State for Finance – Jayant Sinha.
5. Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana:
Under this scheme, Govt. estimated to distribute Rs.1.09 Lakh crore loans to small owners in 2016. In 2015-16, 1.22 lakh crores worth MUDRA loans has disbursed through banks.
MUDRA – Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency.
6.Goodwill Ambassador of UNDP (United Nations Development Programme):
The Malaysian actress ‘Michelle Yealt’ is elected as UNDP’s goodwill ambassador. UNDP aims to eradicate poverty and reduce inequality.
7. Aadhar Bill 2016 passed in Lok Sabha. It aims at proper delivery of financial and other subsidies, benefits and services from govt. to the targeted groups through a 12 digit Aadhar number to avoid the leakages in the subsidies.
8.SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.) chairman: Prakash Kumar Singh.
9.Indian Aviation 2016: Indian President Pranab Mukherjee advises to enhance civil aviation infrastructure by building new Greenfield airports. India plans to be one of the top 3 manufacturing destinations by 2020. There is 14% of growth in civil aviation sector compared to last decade.
Union Civil Aviation Minister – Ashok Gajapathi Raju.
The theme of Indian Aviation 2016: India’s Civil Aviation Sector: Potential as global manufacturing and MRO Hub.
10. Bharathi Airtel made agreement with Videocon (VTL) to acquire Videocon’s Spectrum in six circles. Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh (West), UP (East) and Gujarat values Rs.4428 crore.
11. The Central Ministry has established ‘Career Guidance and Counselling Centers’ in Delhi for Women.
12. MoU between Union Tourism Ministry and (ESOI):
Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Union tourism ministry and Ecotourism Society of India for promoting responsible and sustainable tourism facilities.
13.Chameli Devi Award 2015-16:
Every year Chameli Devi award is being awarded to women media persons to encourage them. Both Priyanka Kakodar and Raksha Kumar are selected for this award this year.
14. National Consumer Rights Day – December 24th.
15. International Consumer Rights Day – 15th.
The Theme of International Consumer Rights Day 2016: “Antibiotics off the menu”.
16. ICICI Bank’s Contactless Payment Solution with Mobile – Touch & Pay: It helps its customers to make purchases at retail stores by using smartphones with secure contactless payments.
17. The Book titled “Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography” has been written by “Pramod Kapoor”.
18. RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has to pay Rs.57, 000 crores as the dividend to the government in 2016 -17. The dividend is the amount distributed by a company from its profits.
19. Top 10 Cleanest Railway Stations in India:
Cleanest Stations in India: Surat & Rajkot in Gujarat is considered as the top cleanest stations in India.
Dirtiest Stations in India: Mughalsarai in UP & Pune.
Top 10 Stations in A1 Category: (Out of 75 stations)
5. Mumbai Central
Top 10 Stations in A Category:(Out of 332 stations)
1. Beas (Punjab)
3. Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
4. Vas Coda Gama( Goa)
6. Nasik road
7. Ballia and Jhanghai
Swacch Rail and Swachh Bharat Mission: Under this scheme, The steps has been taken to improve the cleanliness at 8000 stations in India.
Union Telecom Minister: Ravi Shankar Prasad.
BSNL CMD: Anupam Shrivastava.