Latest Current Affairs for Bank Exams – 12th April 2016.
1. Name the telecom network whose mobile commerce subsidiary got a license for payments bank on 11 April 2016.
Bharathi Airtel – Its mobile commerce subsidiary Airtel Commerce Services Ltd. (AMSL)Airtel-M got a license for payments bank.
2. The Japan-based life insurance company ‘NIPPON’ raises its state to 49% in which Indian based Life Insurance Company?
Reliance Life Insurance.
3. What is the profit of LIC Insurance Company through its equity investments in the fiscal year 2015-16?
Rs.11, 000 crore.
4. Who has been invented the brain controlled wheelchair which is very useful to the paralysis patients?
Diwakar Vaish (23 years.
5. Name the foreign bank which is going to close its corporate banking operations in India.
RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) – British banking company and its headquarters located in Edinburgh, Scotland.
6. Who is the Union Finance Secretary of India?
Ratan P. Watal.
7. Who is the governor of CBSL (Central Bank of Sri Lanka)?
Arjuna Mahendran (He hopes to get IMF assistance).
8. Which is the India’s first semi- high-speed train initiated on Delhi –Agra route?
Gatimaan Express. (Union Minister of Railways – Mr. Suresh Prabhu).
9. Which state govt. has launched ‘Clean UP – Green UP’ Programme with an aim to plant 5 crore trees at 6500 sites in 24 hours on a fixed day in July?
UP (Uttar Pradesh).
10. Who was conferred with UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2016?
Khadija Ismayilova (She is from Azerbaijan and this prize will be awarded on the occasion of world press freedom day that is on May 3rd in Finland).
11. Who was crowned with ‘FBB Miss India World 2016’?
Priyadarshini Chatterjee (Delhi).
12. Who won US Masters Golf 2016 Championship?
13. Who got International Boxing Federation title 2016?
14. Who won Malaysian Open Title 2016 ?
Chen Lang (China).
15. Who was conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke film Function Award 2016?
16. Who has been elected as the brand ambassador of Skill India Campaign?
Sachin Tendulkar by MSDE (Ministry for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship).