Latest Current Affairs for Bank Exams – 1st Week MAY 2016 – SBI Exam 2016
1. Which bank has got ‘Excellence Award’ on empowering MSME by the (FITS) Federation of Industry, Trade, and Services?
2. The late Film director who was honoured with a special statue by the swiss government?
3. Who was awarded as best actor, best film and best actress in the 63rd National film awards ceremony held at New Delhi?
Actor: Amitabh Bachchan.
Actress: Kangana Ranaut.
Best Film: Bahu Bali.
4. Who was awarded the Dadasahab Phalke award in the 63rd National Film Awards 2016?
5. Which Indian Cricketer has been appointed as the brand ambassidor for Hublot Watches?
6. Which Indian Cricket legend was agreed to be a goodwill ambassidor of Rio – Olympics along with actor Salman Khan and Shooter Abhinav Bindra?
Economy & Financial News
7. The ECB (European Central Bank) has recently decided to stop the production & Issuance of Currency Notes of which denomination by the end of 2018
of euro bank notes?
500 euro bank note.
8. Which bank has opened IFSC (International Financial Services Center) banking unit at GIFT city in Gujarat?
Kotak Mahindra Bank.
9. How much amount was approved under Namami Gange Programme?
10. Who is the Prime Minister of Ireland?
11. Who was newly appointed CEO of the Italian Sports car manufacturer ‘Ferrari’?
12.Who was appointed as the director of FTII (Film and Television Institute of India)?
13. Recently which organization has converted into a green bank to get funds from the overseas bank?
IREDA (Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency).
14. Which city hosted the 49th annual meeting of ADB (Asian Development Bank) from May 2nd to 5th, 2016?
15. Who will be the next chief of Indian Navy after the retirement of present chief of R.K. Dhawan?
Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba.
16. Who was appointed as CEO and partner of KMPG India?
17. Who won the world Snooker Championship 2016?
Mark Selby (England).
18. Who was nominated for KhelRatna Award 2016 by the BCCI?
19. Who was nominated for Arjuna Award 2016 by the BCCI?
20. Which state govt. has launched the Chandranna Bhima Yojana an insurance scheme for the workers?
21. Recently, Indian Railways has signed a MoU with which two Indian states for plantation of trees both sides of Railway track and Railway premises?
Haryana & Punjab.
22. Who is the founder of Synergise that was recently acquired by the Google to provide awareness about the usage of Google Apps to its users?
23. In which city PM Mr. Modi had launched 1st Solar powered e-boats?
24. EPFO launches which scheme to consolidate multiple accounts into the single account to access IT enabled services through Universal Account Number (UAN)?
One Employee one EPF Account.
25. India’s largest e-payment system Paytm has recently has tied up with which IT company for its upcoming payment bank business?
26. Which IT company has inaugurated Saudi’s 1st all women IT park?
27. Who won the ‘Nelson Mandela Award 2016’?
28. NABARD has been partnered with which country for a special program on Soil protection and Rehabilitation for food security?
29. The central govt. has launched ____________ initiative for the up gradation of Tourism Sector in India.
MICE (Meetings, Incentives, and Exhibitions).
30. Which Indian state has became the first state in the country to open defecation free state?
31. Recently Supreme court has been appointed ____________ the head of 3 membered committee to look over the functions of the medical council of India (MCI).
R. M. Lodha.
32. Which university has recently signed 2 MoU’s with India to provide medicaal technology?