Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/shhivalilla5126/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3923
Latest Current Affairs Quiz for All Competitive Exams 2016 – March 2nd Week.
Current affairs play an important role in almost every competitive exam. To answer these questions has to be up to date in knowing the daily news -national, international, financial, economy, business, sports etc., By keeping this in mind, we have collected and provided here some of the current affairs questions with answers based on the news happened in march 2nd week, 2016. These questions are useful to the candidates who are preparing for upcoming govt. jobs – SBI Bank Exams, IBPS Bank Exams, SSC-CGL Exams, Railways, UPSC Exams and other competitive exams 2016.
Current Affairs Quiz – (March 2nd week)
1. Who is the CEO of the India’s largest online e-commerce platform ‘Flipkart’?
– Binny Bansal (He is replaced with Sachin Bansal).
2. Which bill has been passed in Lok Sabha on 9th march, 2016 related to enemy property?
Ans.: Enemy property amendment & validation bill 2016. To make amendments and some changes on 48-year-old Enemy Property Act, 1968.
3. Which scheme is recently approved by the content to provide free LPG to poor women?
Ans.: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY). The center has estimated to spend Rs.8000 crore for providing LPG connections 50 million to poor household women.
4. How many countries are participating in the three-day summit of first maritime India Summit? Which will be going to hold at Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre from April 14?
– 57 countries.
5. What is the main aim of First Maritime India Summit?
Ans.: Maritime India Summit is conducted to create awareness in shipping center. 57 nations are invited here for business agreements of worth Rs.72000 crores.
6. Recently, which bill has been approved by the parliament to develop rivers as transport routes?
- National Water Ways.
7. What is the importance of Raptor MoU signed by India?
Ans.: For saving 76 species of birds of prey. In which 50 are available in India.
8. Recently, which bank has launched the credit linked subsidy scheme for home loans under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme (PMAYS)?
- ICICI Bank.
9. Who is the newly elected president of Aluminum Association of India (AAI)?
- Tapan Kumar.
10. What is the name of 6th navigation satellite launched by ISRO?
– IRNSS- 1F (1425 kg).
11. World Kidney Day is celebrated on which day?
– March 10th. To spread awareness about the importance of kidneys.
12. Which tourism campaign has won ‘Golden City Gate Award 2015-16’?
- Kerala Tourism Campaign.
13. Who is elected as secretary general of ‘Arab League’?
– Ahmed Abul Gheit.
14. The Union Government will set up online marketing platform called as ‘Mahila e-Haat’.
15. Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between India & IMF for setting up
‘South Asia Regional Training & Technical Assistance Centre’.
16. Who got ‘Global Teacher Prize 2016’? ‘Palestinian Hanan Al’.
17. Which badminton player has got ‘All England Badminton Title 2016’?
– Lin Dan.
18. Who is the winner of 70th Santhosh Trophy 2016?
Ans.: Services Team (Football).
19. Which cricket team has won the Irani Cup Title 2016?
–Rest of India won Irani Trophy by defeating Mumbai.
20. ‘World Table Tennis Championship 2015-16’:
Indian men & women won gold.
21. The Rajya Sabha passed ‘BIS Bill 2015’. Expand the term BIS.
BIS – Bureau of Indian Standards Bill.
22. Golf – WGC 2016 Cadillac Championship – Golfer Adam Scott.
23. Which high court is celebrating its 150th Foundation Day on 14th March 2016?
- Allahabad High Court.
24. What is the theme of International Women’s Day which was celebrated on 8th march, 2016?
25. _____________ launches WTI (Women Transforming India) Campaign in partnership with UN and MyGov.
– NITI Aayog.
26.Which bank has been linked up with five startups to strengthen its web, mobile and payment services?
– HDFC Bank.
27. The Union Power Minister announces ‘UJALA- Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All’ to save power.
28. What is the name of the Unmanned Spacecraft to Mars launched jointly by Europe & Russia?
29. Which two countries launches the Fulbright – Kalam Climate Fellowship?
-India & US.
30. ICICI Bank has been linked with which car company for the co-branded credit card?
- marquee sports car maker Ferrari.
31. Who is appointed as Deputy Chief of Army?
- General NPS Hira.
32. Name the joint trading exercise of Indo – Indonesia.
- Garuda Shakti IV.
33. Which bank has been launched recently by all women branch called ‘YES Grace” in Bangalore?- – YES Bank.
34. Lloyd Stowell Shapley – Nobel Prize winner in economics died recently.
35. Who is the newly elected president of Myanmar?
- Htin Kyaw (He is the adviser of Aung Saan Su Kyi).
36. Name the country, which has been decided to be a partner of India’s Smart City Programme?
37. What is the full name of former Lok Sabha speaker P.A. Sangma who has died recently?
– Purno Agitok Sangma.
38. Which country has emerged as the biggest buyer of Indian Sugar in 2015-16? Myanmar (According to the records of Myanmar ISMA (Indian Sugar Mills Association), 9.5 lakh tons of sugar has shipped from India.
39. Expand term CBEC – Central Board of Excise and Customs.
40. Who is the president of ADB (Asian Development Bank)?
- Takehiko Nakao.