Banking Awareness Questions for Bank Exams – SBI Clerks, NABARD
Which is the largest shareholder of a nationalized bank?
- The government of India.
- World Bank.
- Indian Banks Board.
- Indian Banks Association.
Now_a_days, Recovery of Bad Loans has become a big problem for the banks. Which of the following acts has especially been launched to make it easy for banks in the recovery of bad loans?
- RBI Act 1934.
- Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Companies Act.
- Income Tax Act.
- SARFAESI Act.
Which of the following is not a scheduled commercial bank?
- Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Which of the following is certainly an effort in the direction of Financial Inclusion?
- Mobile Banking.
- Core Banking.
- No-Frills Account.
- Foreign Currency Accounts
- All of these.
As we know, Many new schemes/ technologies have been introduced in the field of banking these days, which of the following is NOT one such concept directly related to the banks?
- Demat Account.
- Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Number Portability.
According to the banking norms, Which type of deposits should be repayable after an agreed period but not payable on demand. If they want to have that deposit amount on demand, the customer needs to pay the penalty?
- Fixed Deposits and Recurring Deposits
- Current Account Deposits.
Sometimes the bank returns a cheque without paying cash, what do you call that type of in banking terminology?
- Payment of the cheque.
- Cancellation of the cheque.
- Dishonor of the cheque.
- Accepting the cheque.
Financial Inclusion means provision of _____________.
- Financial services namely payments, remittances, savings, loans, and insurance at the affordable cost to persons not yet given the bank.
- The ratio at an affordable cost to persons not yet given the same.
- House at the affordable cost.
- Food at the affordable cost.
- Education at an affordable cost.
Banking services facilitated to a customer by means of a computer control system that does not directly involve bank’s branch is called?
- Central Server Banking.
- Virtual Banking.
- Core Banking.
- Broad Banking.
- None of these.
Which of the following types of accounts are known as ‘Demat Accounts’?
- Accounts which are having Zero Balance.
- Accounts which are opened for the sake of repayment of a loan taken from the bank. No other business can be conducted from there.
- Accounts in which shares of different companies are traded online in electronic form.
- Accounts which are operated via internet banking facility.
- None of the above.
_________________ is called as stale cheque.
- A cheque issued without drawer’s signature.
- A cheque with the only sign of the drawer.
- A cheque which has completed 3 months from the date of its issue.
- Anyone of the above.
Interests on savings bank account are now calculated by banks on _______
- Minimum balance during the month.
- Monthly basis.
- Minimum balance from 10th to last day of the month.
- Yearly basis.
- Daily product basis.
Distribution of insurance products and insurance policies by banks as corporate agents is known as _____________.
- Life Insurance.
- Non-Life Insurance.
- Insurance Banking.
- Deposit Insurance.
The financial assistance or loans provided by a bank of Rs.10, 000 to a very small business borrower will be called _________.
- Business Finance.
- Micro Finance.
- Small Finance.
- KYC Finance.
The Rate at which the domestic currency can be converted into foreign currency and foreign currency can also be converted to domestic currency is known as the __________.
- Exchange rate.
- Inter-Bank Call Money.
- Base Rate.
Click Here for More Questions of Banking Awareness for SBI Clerks 2016, NABARD Exam 2016.