Computer Knowledge for Bank Exams.
In IBPS Bank Exams, 20 questions are asked on Computer Knowledge. Here we have collected some questions asked in previous IBPS clerk exams. These are useful for upcoming IBPS Clerks Main Exam.
Computers Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
1. Passwords enable users to __________
(a) get into the system quickly
(b) make efficient use of time
(c) retain confidentiality of users.
(d) simplify file structures
(e) None of these
2.IF a memory chip is volatile, it will ____________.
(a) explode if exposed to high temperatures
(b) lose its content if power is turned off.
(c) be used for data storage only
(d) be used to both read and write data
3.Which device can understand the difference between data and program?
(b) Input Device
(c) Output Device
4.While sending an e-mail , the ______ line describes the contents of the message.
5. A ____________ can make it easier to play games.
(e) None of these
6. How many different documents can you have open at any one time?
(a) Note more than three
(b) Only one
(c) As many as your computer memory will hold.
(d) No more than your taskbar can display
7. The __________ of software contains list of commands and options.
(a) Menu bar.
(b) tool bar
(c) title bar
(d) Formula bar
8. A(n) ____________ is a program that makes the computer easier to use.
(c) operating system.
9. Files deleted from the hard disk are sent to ________________.
(a) floppy disk
(d) recycle bin.
10. The ___________ tells the computer how to use its components
(c) application program
(d) operating system.
11. A ___________ is a named set of characters that have the same characterstics.
(a) type face
(b) type style.
12. To access properties of an object, the mouse technique to use is ________________.
(a) right clicking.
(b) shift clicking
13. A complete electronic circuit with transistors and other electronic components on a small silicon chip is called a ______________.
(b) Work Station
(c) magnetic disk
(d) integrated circuit.
14. A __________ is a predesigned document that already had co-coordinating fonts a layout and a background.
15. Personal computers can be connected together to form a __________________.
(a) server machine
16. Which elements of a word document can be displayed in colour?
(a) Only text
(b) Only graphics
(c) All elements.
(d) All elements but only if you have a colour printer.
17. ____________ is the process of finding errors in software code.
18. The codes containing of bars and lines of varying widths or lengths that express the logical steps of an algorithm
(a) programming language
(b) bar code.
(c) an ASCII code
(d) a magnetic tape
19. Which of the following is a storage area within the computer itself which holds data only temporarily as the computer process instructions?
(a) main memory
(b) The control unit
(C) read only memory.
(D) The hard disk
20. The collection of interrelated records are called ___________.
(a) text file
(b) spread sheet
(c) data base.
21. The data that is copied from an application is stored in ______________.
(c) hard disk
(d) clip board
22. To make the number pad act as directional arrows, you press the ___________ key.
(a) arrow lock
(b) shift key
(c) num lock
(d) caps lock
23. Ctrl, shift and alt are called ____________ keys.
(a) alpha numeric
24. Which of the following menu types are called a drop down menu?
25. Which device is used as the standard pointing device in a Graphical user environment?
(d) Track ball
26. _________ are specially designed computer chips that reside other devices such as your car or electronic thermostat
(a) Robotic computers
(c) Embedded Computers
27. The process of computer receiving information from a server on the internet is called as
28. Computer programs are written in a high level programming language however, the human readable version of a program is called ___________.
(b) program code
(c) source code.
(d) machine code
29. A kiosk ___________
(a) describes a computer’s type, processor, and operating system
(b) is a computer station that provides the public with specific and useful information and services.
(c) combines microscopic electronic components on a single integrated circuit that processes bits according to software instructions
(d) is data organized and presented in a manner that has additional value beyond the value of data itself
30. The part of the CPU that accesses and decodes program instructions and co-ordinates the flow of data among various system components is the ____
(b) control unit.
(c) mother board