Latest Current Affairs Questions and Answers on Covid-19 in 2020
Latest current affairs questions and answers 2020 on COVID 19 for upcoming competitive exams – SBI Mains exam, RBI, RRB, IBPS bank exams, SSC, UPSC, APPSC, and other state recruitment exams. Here, we have collected the top 100 questions & answers on coronavirus disease. This is a very important topic to be aware of the latest news and important information about COVID-19.
Most of the countries in the world are fighting against this pandemic disease and the whole world revolves around this hot topic, lockdown few weeks and then unlock phases with new COVID protocols, schools are closed, academic exams canceled, competitive exams, recruitment exams postponed, shops, businesses are closed and almost all businesses hit with COVID-19.
Those who are preparing for various competitive exams should have a look at the following latest current affairs questions and answers on COVID-19 to update one’s general knowledge on this topic.
Latest Current Affairs Questions on Covid-19 2020
1. How much is the percentage rise in exporting pulses from India due to Covid-19 in June 2020 compared to June 2019?
Notes: To increase people’s immunity levels due to COVID-19 in natural ways. Many countries (UAE, France, US, UK, Germany, Australia, Iran, China, Bangladesh, and France) imported Indian spices.
2. Which committee has set up by the union HRD ministry to frame guidelines for the students to stay in India and continue higher studies due to the corona crisis?
D P Singh Committee
Notes: Chairman of this committee: D P Singh (He is the chairman of UGC)
3. India joined hands with which country to develop rapid testing kits to test coronavirus that gives the result within 30 seconds of time?
Notes: India’s DRDO (Defense Research Development Organization) and Israel’s defense ministry research & development team jointly working on this.
- Israeli Ambassador to India: Ron Malka
- Israel Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Israel President: Reuven Rivlin
- DRDO Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
- Director-General of DRDO: S Christopher
- Name the mobile app (contactless ticket checking app) launched by Central Railway ministry for contactless safe ticket verification due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Check-In Master App
5. Which day is celebrated as ‘World Elder Abuse Awareness Day’ and what was the theme?
15th June, Lifting up Voices.
Notes: During the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been numerous reports of abuse and neglect of older people living in long-term care facilities and other community settings, but also of those living with family members or in their own homes with caregivers.
On World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, WHO calls for urgent, whole-of-government action to protect older people against violence, abuse, and neglect.
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General of WHO: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
6. Which campaign has launched by the world health organization to create awareness and curb Elder Abuse along with the world?
Safeguard older persons during COVID-19 and beyond
7. Name India’s first internet controlled robot that independently dispense food, beverages, water, medicines, and also advises to patients without the aid of nurses, staff?
Coro-bot (This was developed by thane based Indian, first unique bot in the world).
8. Name the behavior change campaign launched by NITI Aayog to develop COVID safe behavior in the country in the unlock phase until the vaccine is developed?
‘Navigating the New Normal’
Notes: The main aim of this campaign is to encourage the public and institutions to practice COVID-safe behaviors (wearing masks, social distance, etc.)
- CEO of NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant
9. Which portal is launched by CSIR (The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) to provide real-time availability of health care supplies?
COVID Notes: The Arogya path will serve suppliers, manufacturers, and customers. It will act as an integrated platform to provide information about key health care goods.
10. Which state govt. has launched the “Hamara Ghar Hamara Vidyalaya” digital campaign to take care of the academic regularity of the school students in the state during this corona crisis?
COVID Notes: Hamara Ghar Hamara Vidyalaya means ‘My home my school’, The Education Department has urged family members to provide a proper place in the house (To provide school-like environment) to the children where they can study without any disturbances.
11. The artificial intelligence (AI) enabled ‘MyGov Corona Helpdesk’ has bagged two awards at the Global Leadership Summit and Festival of AI and Emerging Technology, CogX 2020 under which categories?
- Best Innovation for Covid-19
- Society and People’s Choice Covid-19
(The AI-enabled platform is a chatbox that has been helping the citizens of India to get the latest information related to COVID-19)
12. Name the world’s largest plasma therapy project, which was virtually launched by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra ‘Uddhav Thackeray’?
Notes: The Chief Minister of Maharashtra ‘Uddhav Thackeray’ has approved Rs 16.65 crore from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for the project.
- Maharashtra Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
13. Which state govt. launched the “Kill Corona” campaign under which door-to-door Survey will be conducted for 15 days across the state?
(The campaign will double the COVID-19 testing capacity from 4000 per 10 lakh people to 8000 per 10 lakh people in the state)
14. Name the anti-body kit developed by the National Institute of Virology (NIV) used at pilot ‘Sero Survey’ conducted in New Delhi?
ELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay)
By this test kit, determines the presence of antibodies especially COVID-19 ‘Immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody in the blood sample of an individual will suggest past exposure to the COVID-19 virus
15. Name the campaign, which was launched by Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi (125-day campaign) to provide employment to migrant and daily wage workers in the state of Uttar Pradesh?
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan
16. Which state has launched a portable hospital named ‘MediCAB” to treat COVID-19 patients?
Notes: IIT Madras-incubated Start-up, Modulus Housing has developed a portable hospital unit that can be installed anywhere within two hours by four people.
‘MediCAB’ hospital unit is foldably composed of 4 zones doctors, isolation, medical room, an ICU & as many as 15 beds. This is a decentralized approach to detect, screen, identify, isolate, and treat COVID-19 patients in their local communities through these portable microstructures.
17. At which stage of Covid-19 transmission is considered as “Community transmission”?
Stage III (Under this stage, the source of the virus cannot be traced for the infected people).
18. Recently, which state has confirmed community transmission of COVID-19 occurrences in the state?
19. On which date, WHO (World Health Organization) announced an official name “COVID-19” for the novel coronavirus in 2019?
11 February 2020
20. Which state government has set up a stress fund with the help of the state bank of India?
21. Coronavirus is which type of virus?
22. Which law has been invoked by the union ministry to stop coronavirus in India?
The Epidemic Diseases Act 1897.
Union Ministry has invoked a 123-year-old Epidemic Diseases Act, which has been historically used to contain the spread of various diseases — swine flu, cholera, malaria, and dengue.
23. The COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Gamalei Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology has completed the Human Clinical Trials. The institute belongs to which country?
Russia (President: Vladimir Putin, Prime Minister: Mikhail Vladimirovich Mishustin)
24. Which state govt. has launched a document scanning mobile app – ‘Self Scan’ as an alternative for Chinese document scanning application – Cam Scanner?
- Chief Minister of West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor of West Bengal: Jagdeep Dhankhar
25. In which state the first case of COVID-19 come in India?
- CM: Pinarayi Vijayan,
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
26. Which is the first Indian state that has declared the coronavirus as an epidemic?
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor of Haryana: Satyadev Narayan Arya
27. Which Organization has formulated an Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response (IPPR) to evaluate the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
28. Finance Minister sanctioned how much amount of relief package under PM GaribKalayan Yojana for the poor to tackle coronavirus?
Rs. 1.70 Lakh Crores
29. MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) Coronavirus has been identified in Saudi Arabia in which year for the first time?
30. Which country is going to host the 15th G20 summit in November 2020?
31. What does CSIR -CMERI have unveiled as part of the Covid-19 protection system (COPS) for workplaces?
- IntelliMAST (Solar based Intelligent Mask Automated Dispensing Unit cum Thermal Scanner)
- TouF (Touchless Faucet)
- 360-degree car flusher
32. Recently CIPET (Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering Technology) gets accreditation to test PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) kits, what do PPE kits include?
The PPE kit includes gloves, face shields, goggles, and triple-layer face masks in line with international standards.
33. The first case of novel coronavirus was identified in which city of China?
34. Which country seeks financial assistance from the IMF for the first time since 1962 to counter coronavirus pandemic?
35. World Health Organization on 11 February 2020 announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak? What is the new name of the disease?
36. What does the word corona mean in Latin and from where coronavirus got its name?
The coronavirus named due to its crown-like projections.
The virus resembles a crown when viewed under an electron microscope. “Corona” in Latin means “halo” or “crown”.
37. Which of the diseases are related to coronavirus?
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
38. What is plasma therapy?
Through plasma therapy, Blood is transfused from recovered COVID-19 patients to a coronavirus patient.
39. Who has been chosen for the awareness campaign run by the WHO (World Health Organization) and FIFA against Covid-19?
Sunil Chhetri ( India football captain)
- FIFA President: Gianni Infantino
- WHO Director-General: Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
40. Relief Package announced for the migrant laborers and poor people by the central finance minister ‘Nirmala Sitaraman’?
Rs. 1.7 lakh crores
41. How much amount of stimulus package announced by the central finance minister to help India’s economy which has been bruised, and battered by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Rs 20 lakh crore
42. Which international organization has declared that the whole world has entered into an economic recession due to COVID-19?
IMF (International Monetary Fund)
- Established on 27th Dec. 1945
- Head Office: Washington DC, USA
- President: Kristina Georgieva
43. Name the operation started by the Indian Army to tackle with Covid-19?
Operation Namaste (Motto: Service before self)
Army Chief: General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
44. Name the mobile app launched by the Indian govt. to track the location of Corona infected people?
45. Which state’s chief minister launched the ‘Self Declaration’ mobile app to tackle Covid-19?
Nagaland (CM: Neiphiu Rio)
46. Which country’s Prime Minister is infected with coronavirus initially?
Britain. (Boris Johnson became Prime Minister on 24 July 2019)
Britain currency: Pound Sterling
47. Name the mobile app launched by Rajasthan for the people who intend to go out during coronavirus lockdown period?
‘Rajcop Nagrik Mobile App’
48. The Indian government imposed ‘Janta Curfew’ to tackle Covid-19 on which date?
22 March 2020.
49. Which is the first state-imposed lockdown due to coronavirus in India?
50. Name the medical test to detect Covid-19?
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription – Polymerase Chain Reaction)
51. Which is the new feature launched by the Instagram app to create awareness on COVID-19?
52. Which is the new feature launched by the WhatsApp app to create awareness on COVID-19?
53. Which social networking site has introduced a new feature ‘Coronavirus information center’ to spread awareness on COVID-19 among its users in India?
54. Which website is launched by the ‘Google’ to spread awareness on COVID-19?
55. Which company has announced a relief package of 10 million dollars for film & Television workers during the corona pandemic?
56. What is the official name given to coronavirus by scientists originated from Wuhan city, china in 2019?
- In January 2019-nCov (temporary name),
- In February SARS-CoV-2 (official name).
57. Who declared Covid-19 a pandemic in March 2020?
WHO (World Health Organization)
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded in 1948
- Director-General of WHO: Tedros Adhanom
- Which Indian actress came forward with WHO to spread awareness on Covid-19 among people?
59. Which city’s hospitals are using robots for treating COVID 19 patients?
60. Which medicine export was restricted due to coronavirus?
61. Which PSU bank has started the Covid-19 emergency credit line for its customers?
62. Which Indian city used drones for cleanliness during the corona pandemic?
Indore (Madhya Pradesh and its CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan)
63. Which organization started the hashtag #stayhomeindiawithbooks in India?
NBT (National Book Trust)
- HQ: Delhi
- President: Prof. Govind Prasad Sharma
64. India’s biggest hospital to treat COVID-19 patients will be constructing in which state?
- CM: Naveen Patnaik,
- Governor: Ganeshilal,
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- How much amount of funds announced by India as an emergency fund towards COVID-19 for SAARC?
10 million dollars.
66. Which app launched by Indian govt. to track COVID-19 patients?
67. Which state declared as corona Free State in India?
68. Name the mobile app launched by Karnataka related to Covid-19?
Apthamitra App & Helpline number
69. Name the mobile app launched by Maharashtra to tackle Covid-19?
70. Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in association with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) released which COVID-19 tracker app?
71. Which state govt. launched a 5T plan to fight against COVID-19?
Delhi (5T plan includes Testing, Tracing, Treatment, Teamwork, and Tracking)
72. Which social networking company has announced an aid of 1 billion dollars to fight against the COVID-19 relief package?
Twitter (CEO: Jack Dorsey)
73. World Bank approved how much amount of relief funds to fight against COVID -19 to India?
1 billion USD.
74. Which state govt. launched ‘Operation SHIELD’ against COVID-19?
Delhi (CM: Arvind Kejriwal)
SHIELD: Sealing, Home quarantine, Isolation & Tracking, Essential Supply to local containment zones, doorstep delivery of essentials
75. Which IPL team donated 10 crores towards Corona?
76. Google made an agreement with which mobile brand to have a corona tracker tool?
77. Which state has started Modi Kitchen during COVID lockdown period?
Tamilnadu (in Kovai, Coimbatore – 500 meals every day)
78. Which state started e-sanjvini OPD service?
Himachal Pradesh (Free online medical consultation to sick people)
79. Which state govt. declared to double the salary of healthcare officials and workers fighting against COVID-19?
80. What are the most common symptoms of Coronavirus disease?
According to the survey, the most common symptoms of the affected people of COVID-19:
- Fever 99%
- Fatigue 70%
- Cough 59%
- Lack of appetite 40%
- Body aches 35%
- Shortness of breath 31%
- Mucus/phlegm 27%
- During COVID-19, Health Ministry & doctors suggested wearing N95 masks. What does N denote?
Not resistant to oil
(N95 does not filter oily particles with 95% chances of protection from 0.3-micrometer particle size viruses).
82. What will be the size of the new coronavirus (SARs-CoV-1)?
120 nm (approx.) in diameter
83. Which part of the coronavirus causes infection in the human body?
Spike protein (It’s part of the virus and that helps the virus attach to and infect human cells)
84. On which date ‘Janata curfew’ announced in India for the first time by the prime minister due to COVID-19?
22nd March 2020 (7 am to 9 pm).
85. What is the incubation period of Covid-19?
(The incubation period of the virus is the time between the exposure and the display of symptoms. The people who expose to SARS-Cov-2, it will take 2 days to 2 weeks to develop symptoms based on various health conditions of the affected people).
86. The species of SARS-CoV-2 belongs to which genus of coronaviruses?
87. Due to the huge spread of COVID-19 in the USA, Which medicine has imported from India?
88. In which year, the first human coronavirus has detected before 2019?
Note: Coronavirus was first discovered in chickens during the 1930s.
89. Which state has become the first state to impose curfew amid coronavirus fear among people?
- Chief Minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: Vijayendra Pal Singh Badnore
90. Who coined the name coronavirus and first observed & studied human coronaviruses in the 1960s?
June Almeida and David Tyrrell
91. India imposed a ban on 59 Chinese apps under which section and what does that section contains?
Section 69A of the Information Technology Act under Article 19(2)
It allows the central govt. to block content where it believes that this content threatens the security of the State, the sovereignty, integrity or defense of India, friendly relations with foreign States.
92. Tokyo Olympics has postponed conducting in which year due to covid19 and will be canceled if not possible to conduct?
International Olympic Day: 23rd June
93. Who is the current president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) & International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
- IOC President: Thomas Bach
- IOA President: Narinder Batra
94. Which is the first indigenously developed COVID-19 vaccine in India by the Bharat Biotech company, to be approved for Human Clinical Trials?
95. Which day is observed as World Hepatitis Day 2020?
Theme: Hepatitis-free future.
WHO (World Health Organization) is calling on all countries to work together to eliminate viral hepatitis as a public health threat by the year 2030.
96. Which organization has inaugurated first-ever largest five-day virtual exhibition “Healthcare & Hygiene Expo 2020” with an aim to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic?
FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry)
President of FICCI: Dr. Sangita Reddy
97. How much amount of COVID-19 recovery fund announced by the European Union to recover from the recession caused by COVID-19?
750 Billion Euros
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Director-General of EU: Monique Pariat
- Member countries: 28
- Founded in 1993.
98. How much amount of per day labor charge increased for MNREGA workers by the Government of India due to the COVID-19 crisis?
From Rs.182 to Rs.202
MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)
99. Which country follows Hanko tradition equivalent to signature in other countries and that is mandatory in bank docs, govt. authorization and many day-to-day activities?
(The Hanko is a personal stamp that is equivalent to a signature in other countries. This is essential for several transactions in Japan and gaining criticism during COVID-19 periods)
100. Which city has launched the ‘Pranavayu Programme’ to create awareness about respiratory health?
- Karnataka chief minister: S.Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
101. Which international organization released 15 million dollars from its Central Emergency Response Fund to battle the outbreak of COVID-19?
102. Punjab government launched which mobile app to spread awareness on coronavirus precautions?
103. Name the country which was donated 20 million pounds for developing vaccines to combat the deadly coronavirus?
104. According to WHO (World Health Organization), what is the official name of the virus outbreak from china?
105. Expand COVID-19.
Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
106. The diamond Princess Cruise ship, which witnessed the largest coronavirus outbreak, is quarantined in which country?
107. Which country has developed a recovery plasma to treat COVID-19 infected patients?