Banking Current Affairs – December
December 18th, 19th and 20th News Updates for Bank Exams:
With reference to the no. of previous bank exam model papers and also with our personal experience we came to know that most of the questions asked in banking GA (General Awareness) section are asking from general day to day happenings related to financial news, National news, International News topics. So, to get the good score in banking GA section, we have to concentrate current affairs of the past 3 months of the given exam dates.
Current Affairs Related to Banking:
- Ujwal Disco Assurance Yojana simply known as UDAY scheme which is approved by PM. Today UP (Uttar Pradesh) state government has joined in UDAY scheme to avail the facilities under this scheme.
- Today IMF sanctioned $500 million financial help to Pakistan.
- Forbes best countries for doing business list-2015:
India – 97th rank
Denmark- No. 1 country
US – 22nd rank
South Africa- 47th
- Minister of Finance under state province- Jayant Sinha
- Union Finance Minister – Arun Jaitley.
- Indian govt. has lowered the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) /Economic growth rate from 8.0-8.5 to 7 – 7.5 for this financial year 2015.
-Fiscal Deficit target: 3.9% of GDP.
- United States Federal Reserve has hiked the short-term interest rates by 25 basis points.It has minimal effect on credit card rates, home loans but not much direct influence to India because of those hikes.
- Major Policy Rates Info
Repo Rate: 6.75%
Reverse Repo Rate: 5.75%
MSF & Bank Rate : 7.75%
CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio): 4%
SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio): 21.5%
- NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India Aayog )
Chairman: Prime Minister.
Vice Chairman: Arvind Panagariya.
- BSNL planned to cut its mobile rates up to 80% for all its new customers (part of customer acquisition)
BSNL Chairman & MD – Anupam Shrivastava
- PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority) is now using PAN number in place of Aadhar number to register online for NPS (National Pension Scheme).
PFRDA Chairman – Hemant G.
- On PM Narendra Modi’s visit to the Eurasian country- India and Russia may sign an agreement on Kudankulam Nuclear Power.
Power Minister- Piyush Goyal.
- Latest News about Bank of Baroda: Illegal remittances has taken place in BoB over Rs.6000 crore to Hong-Kong and Dubai.
–Illegal Remittances means sending money to other countries unauthorized or fake companies. There is no money back guarantee or no guarantee in reach of destination.
–Remittances mean – If anyone wants to send money /funds to overseas / persons living in other countries. For example, it includes sending money to a child studying in other countries and foreign workers to their families or payments made for importing goods and services.
- Central govt. is going to introduce bankruptcy bill in parliament to make it easy for doing business in India and now it is 97th place in Forbes business list 2015. The approval of this bill eases the facilities for doing business in India.