Current Affairs Questions Asked in LIC AAO Exam held in March 2016.
1. Name the country which has been hosted the 13th edition of the south Asian Games?
(a) Sri Lanka
2. The storm ‘Imogen’ accompanied with heavy rain recently battered in ________________.
(a) Mauritius and Maldives.
(b) Bangladesh and Myanmar.
(C) England and Wales.
(d) Srilanka and Singapore.
(e) Bhutan and India.
3. As percent (February 2016) newspaper reports, South Eastern Coalfield Limited (SECL), a subsidiary of the Coal India Limited would be setting up country’s largest coal washer with a capacity of 25 million tonnes per annum in the Indian State of __________.
(b) West Bengal.
(d) Madhya Pradesh.
4. The ‘G20 Summit’ in 2016 is proposed to be held in ________.
(A) Hangzhou, China.
(b) Sydney, Australia.
(c) Istanbul, Turkey.
(d) New Delhi, India.
(e) Moscow, Russia.
5. India women’s football team retained its gold at the recent South Asian Games by defeating which country in February 2016?
(c) Sri Lanka
(6) The Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry has recently launched construction of 81,757 houses for economically weaker sections in 163 cities of the
(a) Fifteen States.
(b) The Eleven States.
(c) Nine States.
(D) Seven States.
(7) ‘K.P. Sharma Oli’ is the present Prime Minister of ________________.
(b) Fiji Island.
(8) What is the currency of the ‘Republic of Finland’?
(d) New Zloty.
(9) The tagline ‘aapka bhala sabkha bhala‘ is associated with which of the following bank?
(a) Bandhan Bank.
(b) Federal Bank.
(c) IDFC Bank.
(d) IDBI Bank.
(E) ICICI Bank.
(10) The prince ‘Sheik Mohammed Bin Zayed’ who have been visited India recently in February 2016 belongs to ___________.
(B) Abu Dhabi.
(11) Which of the following Indian Lyricist has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for pinning the most number of songs (3524 in 650 films) in Bollywood?
(a) Anna Bakshi.
(B) Sameer Anjan.
(d) Prasoon Joshi.
(e) Zavd Akthar.
(12) The ASTRO-H space observation satellite to probe mysterious black holes has been launched by _______________ with the collaboration of NASA.
(13) The ‘Make in India’ summit held in Mumbai closed with the investment pledges of around __________.
(a) $323 billion.
(B) $222 billion.
(c) $372 billion.
(d) $255 billion.
(e) $353 billion.
(14) Where was the Elephanta Island is located that will get 24-hour electricity facility from august 15, 2016?
(b) Andhra Pradesh.
(e) Madhya Pradesh.
(15) The 5 days inaugural ‘Kerala Literature Festival’ was organized in which Indin city?
(16) In an all-cash deal the external IT business of Sweden’s Volvo group has recently been acquired for $138 million by _____________.
(a) Tech Mahindra.
(b) WIPR Limited.
(17) ‘Havana’ is the capital city of which country?
(18) The first ever ‘Orange Festival of Music and Adventure’ was recently held in the Indian state of __________.
(a) Madhya Pradesh.
(c) Andhra Pradesh.
(D) Arunachal Pradesh.
(e) Himachal Pradesh.
(19) Which Indian state has been in sister- statehood relationship with the South-Korean state of ‘Chungcheongbuk’ for technology and development?
(b) Madhya Pradesh.
(20) ‘World Autumn Awareness Day’ is observed worldwide on which day?
(a) April 5th.
(B) April 2nd.
(c) April 1st.
(d) May 2nd.
(e) May 5th.
(21) Where did the Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch the guidelines for operationalization of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana (PMFBY) in February 2016?
(22) The Rajaji National Park was located in which Indian state and that has been notified as ‘Rajaji Tiger Reserve in 2015?
(d) Andhra Pradesh.
(23) ‘She -Taxi’ which is claimed to be the country’s first 24/7 taxi network by the women for the women is an all-women taxi cab service in the Indian state of ____________.
(d) New Delhi.
(24) Who has been clinched the St. Petersburg Women’s Tennis Doubles Trophy 2016?
(a) Pam Shriver and Martina Hingis.
(b) Jana Novotna and Sania Mirza.
(c) Vera Dushevina and Barbora Krejcikova.
(D) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis.
(25) Which of the following countries has recently decided to sell eight nuclear-capable F-16 fighter jets worth nearly $700 million to Pakistan?