Important Daily Current Affairs 2017 Questions & Answers – 1st July 2017
1. Who was appointed as India’s ambassador to Greece recently?
Greece Prime Minister: Alexis Tsipras,
President: Prokopis Pavlopoulos
2. Expand COMMIT, A new training program that was recently launched by Central Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space Minister for state government officials?
‘Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training’
Notes: This program has been initiated in 6 states – Maharashtra, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, West Bengal and Telangana.
3. The India has contributed how much fund amount for UN Peacebuilding Fund to build and sustain peace?
4. On which day ‘International Day of Peace’ has been observed every year?
5. Who is the president of the IEA (International Economic Association) for the next 3 years?
Head Quarters of IEA: Barcelona, Spain.
6. Who was bagged with (USIBC) US-India Business Council Global Leadership Awards 2017?
Adi Godrej (Chairman of Godrej Group) and
Andrew Liveries (CEO of Dow Chemical)
Notes: USIBC’s President: Mr. Mukesh Adhi.
7. Who was appointed as the new chairman of NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) by the Union Government?
Shri Rajesh V. Shah
8. The ‘Sabita Chowdhury’ has died on 30 June 2017, She was popular in which field?
9. Recently, Mr. Narendra Modi has become the first prime minister of India to visit which country?
Prime Minister of Israel: Benjamin Netanyahu,
President: Reuven Rivlin
Currency: Israeli new shekel
10. The ‘International Day of Cooperatives’ will be observed on which day in 2017?
1st July ( This is observed on 1st Saturday of July every year).
11. Which Indian state was honored with the ‘Award of Excellence’ at the Global Skill Development Summit held in Paris, France?
Uttarakhand (CM: Trivendra Singh, Governor: Krishna Kant Paul).
12. Who has been conferred with ‘Best astrologer of the world’ in 2017 at Moscow?
TS Vineeth Bhatt ( Astrologer & Numerologist, from Hyderabad).
13. The ECI (Election Commission of India) has linked with which social networking site to launch nationwide voter registration reminder?
CEO of Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg
Founded in 2004,
Head Office: Menlo Park, California, US.
14. Who is the present Chief Election Commissioner of Election Commission of India?
15. Which city was named as the ‘World Book Capital 2019’ by UNESCO with the recommendations of IFLA?
Director-General of UNESCO: Irina Bokova
IFLA: International Federation of Library Associations
UNESCO: United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.
16. Which country will be hosting the 12th G20 summit starting from 7th July 2017?
Germany Currency: Euro,
17. Which of the two countries started their biggest joint military exercise recently on 29th June?
The United States and Australia.