Important Banking Current Affairs 2019 for Bank Exams
For the upcoming bank exams – IBPS Clerks Mains, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO , RBI Grade-B officers Main Exam. Under General Awareness, the latest banking, finance and economy related current affairs are important to prepare for these exams. Here, We are providing the latest banking related current affairs.
Latest Monetary Policy Rates:
- Repo Rate: 5.15%
- Reverse Repo Rate: 4.90%
- Marginal Standing Facility (MSF): 5.40%
- Bank Rate: 5.4%
- Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR): 4%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR): 18.5%
Check for All First Banks in Banking History
1. Recently, RBI issues new compensation guidelines for the ______________ of Private banks, Foreign banks, small finance, payment banks?
2. Who was appointed as its new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indus-Ind Bank?
3. As per Reserve Bank of India, What is GDP growth forcast rate of India for 2019-20?
6.1% (reduced from 6.9 to 6.1)
4. As per Reserve Bank of India, What is the revised GDP growth forcast of India for 2020-21?
5. Which private sector bank has been penalized Rs. 35 lakhs by RBI for violating norms on fraud classification and notification?
– Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank
TMB Head quarters in Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu.
MD & CEO of TMB: K.V. Rama Moorthy
6. Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which private sector bank to facilitate cashless, paperless and transparent payment system on the portal and would create an efficient procurement system for government entities?
MD & CEO of Federal Bank: Shyam Srinivasan
Headquarters: Kochi, Kerala.
7. Who is the newly apponted CEO of UIDAI ( Unique Identification Authority of India)?
– Pankaj Kumar.
8. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of IBA (Indian Banks’ Association)?
– Rajnish Kumar
9. ICICI bank has recently launched new fixed deposit scheme with in-built critical insurance policy?
– FD Health.
MD & CEO of ICICI Bank: Sandeep Bakhshi.
Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.
10. Who has been appointed as new chief of the European Central Bank?
Christine Lagarde (Former chief of IMF).
11. What is the slogan for life insurance industry’s first joint mass media campaign?
‘Sabse Pehle Life Insurance’.
Notes: Chairman of Life Insurance Council: M.R. Kumar; Headquarters: Mumbai.
12. Recently, Airtel Payments Bank launched which scheme for deepening the financial inclusion in the country and also offers Rs. 5 lakhs on personal accidental insurance on maintaining the balance of Rs. 500 and one debit transaction per month?
Bharosa savings account
MD & CEO of Airtel Payments Bank: Anubrata Biswas.
Headquarters of Airtel Payments Bank: New Delhi.
13. Which PSU bank has introduced two repo-linked home and auto loans – Suvidha Plus Home Loan and Suvidha Plus Auto Loan?
14. Ministry of Commerce & Industry through Export Credit Guarantee Corporation has introduced a new Export Credit Insurance Scheme to enhance loan availability to exporters and to ease the lending process. Name the scheme.
NIRVIK – Niryat Rin Vikash Yojana
15. In September 2019, ECL Finance Ltd. and __________ PSU bank have signed MoU for priority sector lending to MSME’s customers?
Central Bank of India.
Chairman of Central Bank of India: Rajeev Rishi.
MD & CEO of Central Bank of India: Pallav Mohapatra.
16. As per CRISIL rating agency, What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for the fiscal year 2020?
Banking Notes: MD & CEO of CRISIL: Ashu Suyash.
Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das
17. Which software company has signed a contract valued at $300 million to provide a comprehensive suite of services to the ICICI Bank for the next 7 years?
MD & CEO of ICICI Bank: Sandeep Bakhshi;
ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai.
Tagline of ICICI Bank: Hum Hain Na!
MD & CEO of Wipro: Abidali Z. Neemuchwala
18. India and Asian Development Bank have signed $ 190 million loan agreement for improving the road connectivity in which of the state?
19. Who has been appointed as the MD & CEO of PayTm?
Notes: Founder of PayTm is Vijay Shekar Sharma.
20. Which bank has provided 200 million dollars loan to the Maharashtra for building roads in rural areas?
ADB (Asian Development Bank).
21. Who is the present CEO of Asian Development Bank?
22. The Reserve Bank of India plans to introduce varnished currency notes of which denomination on afield of trial basis?
23. The India’s first International Women’s Trade Center (iWTC) will be set up in which state?
24. Recently, which state government has announced penalty and imprisonment on damaging trees on the roadside?
25. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched KMDY (Kisan Man Dhan Yojana) Scheme in which state?
26. Which state has topped the NITI Aayog’s first ever India Innovation Index(III)?
27. Which bank has signed MoU with indian army for customised services?
Bank of Baroda
28. Which bank has become the first Indian bank to have office in Australian state of Victoria?
29. Which PSU bank has became the first Indian bank to link up with China’s National Advance PAyment System (CNAPS)?
State Bank of India
30. Which bank has launched the short term online fixed deposit facility – ExpressFD?
31. How many PSU banks are merged into 4 larger banks with an aim to improve operating efficiency, governance and effective monitoring?
10 banks are consolidated into 4 banks
Notes: After this consolidation, India will now have 12 PSU banks instead of 27 banks (2017).
Anchor Bank ‘Indian Bank’: Indian Bank will be merged with Allahad Bank.
Anchor Bank ‘Punjab National Bank’: PNB will be merged with the Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank.
Anchor Bank ‘Union Bank of India’: Union Bank of India will be merged with Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank.
Anchor Bank ‘Canara Bank’: The Canara Bank will be merged with Syndicate Bank .
32. Which State government has launched the Prgathi Rath of HDFC Bank?
Himachal Pradesh (CM: Jai Ram Thakur)
33. Which state has started the scheme ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Vivah/Nikah Yojana’ and provides 51000 Rs. to construct toilet in groom’s house before marriage for economically backward categories?
34. Which bank has recently launched contactless mobile phone payments facility ‘SBI Card Pay’?
35. Recently, Which financial organization has got a NBFC (Non Bank Finanial Company) license from RBI?
Vreedhi Financial Services.
Important Banking Current Affairs 2017-18 for IBPS Clerk Mains
Which country has emerged as the top borrower from AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank)?
India – 1st, Indonesia – 2nd position.
AIIB President: Jin Liqun,
Head Quarter’s: China, Beijing.
According to WEF (World Economic Forum), India stood at which position on a Global Manufacturing Index (GMI) 2017-18?
1st position: Japan.
Japan’s Prime Minister: Shinzo Abe.
According to data released by CSO (Central Statistics Office), The retail inflation based on CPI (Consumer Price Index) rises to __________ in December 2017 and Indian Economy will expand by _________ in FY2018.
Retail Inflation: 5.21% ,
Indian Economy expand by 6.5%
Who is the president of WEF (World Economic Forum)?
Who took charge as the CEO of Barclays Bank in India?
Barclay’s bank head office: London, United Kingdom.
Who is the newly appointed MD & CEO of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India)?
Which private sector bank has signed a MoU with Paytm Payments Bank for providing fixed deposit facility?
Chairman: Mr. R. Seshasayee
Tagline: We Make You Feel Richer.
Head Office: Mumbai.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is about to issue new Rs. 10 currency notes, The new currency note includes the signature of RBI governor and design of ____________ on another side.
Konark Sun Temple.
Who has been named as the best central bank governor 2018 in Asia-pacific?
Recently, The RBI has initiated prompt corrective action (PCA) against which PSU bank?
MD & CEO-Usha Ananthasubramanian,
Tagline: A Tradition of Trust,
The NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) has sanctioned Rs. 372.51 crore loan amount to which state government?
NABARD Chairman- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala,
The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has signed an agreement with which organization for providing training on payment banking for its employees.
IICA ( Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs).
Which PSU bank has signed a MoU with POORTI Agri Services Ltd., that helps the farmers to purchase agricultural inputs – fertilizes, seeds, pesticides etc.?
Bank of Baroda.
POORTI: Platform for Online Ordering & Rural Transformation of India.
Head Office: Vadodara, Gujarat.
Tagline: India’s International Bank
According to CARE Ratings, Which country stood at the top position with the highest level of non-performing assets (NPA)?
1st – Greece,
2nd – Italy
4th – Ireland
5th – India.
Note: India is at the top among BRICS countries with high NPAs.
According to World Economic Forum, India is at which position among world’s largest economies?
5th largest economy – India.
Top 3 economies: The USA, China, and Japan.
Which mobile payment app has crossed 100 million downloads on play store?
Paytm (India’s largst mobile financial services app).
CEO: Vijay Shekar Sharma, Head Office: Noida.
Recently SBI has initiated banking digital service platform ‘YONO’ to perform all day to day transactions – booking cabs, entertainment, food, travel etc., Expand YONO.
YONO – ‘You Only Need One’.
Recently, Which private sector bank has started an all women branch in Chennai to encourage gender equality?
The Ratnakar Bank limited (RBL Bank).
Head Office: Mumbai.
Which private sector bank has tied with Hedge Equities Ltd. for providing PIS (Portfolio Investment Scheme) services to NRIs?
CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Head Office: Kochi, Kerala.
Which Indian public sector bank has been tied up with NSFDC for providing financial assistance SC families living below DPL (Double Poverty Line)? Expand NSFDC.
PNB: Punjab National Bank.
NSFDC: National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation.