Latest Books and Authors 2019 for competitive exams
Friends, If you are preparing for any competitive exam – Banks, SSC, UPSC, Teaching, Railways, etc., Then you have to attempt questions from general awareness section, Here you will be asked questions on latest current affairs on different topics – latest book releases (famous important books and authors), economic & financial awareness, sports, national & international affairs, persons& places in news, awards & honors, etc.,. So, Knowing important books and authors current affairs is also an important topic to prepare for competitive exams. 0ne or two questions will be asked on this topic. So Let’s have an idea of the latest releases and popular books and authors 2019-20.
List of Important Books and Authors 2019 for Bank Exams
Bank Exam Tips team has collected the list of all important books and authors, which are very much useful for the upcoming bank exams and other competitive exams of India.
‘Defining India: Through Their Eyes’ – Sonia Singh
‘Every Vote Counts – The story of India’s Elections’ – Navin Chawla.
‘Dreams From My Father’ – Barack Obama
‘Runs and Ruins’ – Sunil Gavaskar
‘Changing India’ – Dr. Manmohan Singh
‘I Do What I Do’ – Dr. Raghuram Rajan.
‘Chequered Brilliance: TheMany Lives of V K Krishna Menon’ – Jairam Ramesh
‘Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook’ – Saba Naqvi.
‘Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice P N Bhagwati’s Approach’ – Mool Chand Sharma
‘Game Changer’ – Shahid Afridi & Wajahat S Khan. ( It is the autobiography of Shahid Afridi).
‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ – Mr. Suri ( He has translated the 100 years old punjabi poem on Jalian wala Bagh massacre).
‘Saffron Swords’ – Manoshi Sinha Rawal ( publisher -Garuda Prakashan Pvt. Ltd.)
‘Kundan: Saigal’s Life & Music’ – Sharad Dutt
‘Bharat Bodh Ka Sangharsh: 2019 ka Mahasamar’ – Kuldeep Chand Agnihotri
‘Virat: The making of a Champion’ – Neeraj Jha, Vidhanshu Kumar.
‘Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India’ – P. Chidambaram
Winning Like Sourav: Think & Succeed Like Ganguly –Abhirup Bhattacharya
Godman to Tycoon: The untold story of Baba Ramdev – Priyanka Pathak Narain
‘Designing Destiny: The Heartfulness Way’ – Kamlesh Patel Alias Daaji.
The Paradoxical Prime Minister – Shashi Tharoor
Aluminum: The Future Metal – Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand
Kashmir: Glimpses of History and the Story of Struggle – Saifuddin Soz
‘Every Vote Counts: The story of India’s Elections’ – Naveen Chawla
The English Patient – Michael Ondaatje
‘Non-violent struggle for Indian Freedom 1905-19’ – David Hardiman
‘Ayodhya: City of Faith, City of Discord’ – Valay Singh
‘A Rural Manifesto’ – Varun Gandhi
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp – Kishore Makwana
‘Time Pieces: A whistle-stop tour of Ancient India’ – Nayanjot Lahiri
Devil’s Advocate: The Untold Story – Karan Thapar
Yogi on Dalal Street – Arun Thukral
In a Violent Land – Khushwant Singh
The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan – Sanjaya Baru
‘Democracy on the Road’ – Ruchir Sharma
‘The Age of Awakening’ – Amit Kapoor and Chiraag Yadav.
We are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World – Malala Yousafzai
Ants Among Elephants – Sujatha Gidla
Gandhi: The years that changed the world (1914 -1918) – Ramachandra Guha
Untold Story of Broadcasting – Dr. Gautam Chatterjee
Feisty At Fifty – Sudha Menon
281 and Beyond – VVS Laxman
Adi Shankaracharya: Hinduism’s Greatest Thinker – Pavan K Varma
Atal Ji Ne Kaha – Brijendra Rehi
Constitutionalizing India: An Ideational Project – Shri Bidyut Chakrabarty
Brief Answers to the Big Questions – Stephen Hawking
Sea Prayer – Khaled Hosseini
The Contenders – Who will lead India Tomorrow – Priya Sahgal
The Velvet Gloves – Balakrishna Kamath
Vanara: The Legend of Baali, Sugreeva, and Tara – Anand Neelakantan
Flights – Olga Tokarczuk
From Possession to Freedom – R Uma Maheswari
Early Indians – Tony Joseph
Hidden India – Latika Nath
The Line of Control: Travelling with India and Pakistan – Happymon Jacob
India Unmade: Yashwant Sinha (Author), Aditya Sinha
‘Jalianwala Bagh’ – Kim A Wagner
‘What Gandhi didn’t see -Being Indian in South Africa’ – Zainab Priya Dala
‘A Stranger Truth’ – Ashok Alexander.
Unruly Waters- Sunil Amrith
The Collision Years: 1996-2012 (Part-III)- Pranab Mukherjee
The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years ( Part I) – Pranab Mukherji
The Turbulent Years: 1980-1996 (Part II) –Pranab Mukherji
Lincoln in the Bardo – George Saunders
The Heartfulness Way: Heart-Based Meditations for Spiritual Transformation – Kamlesh Patil & Joshua Pollock
Important Books & Authors 2018
Here is the list of important books and authors for competitive exams recently released and are most popular to ask in various competitive exams.
- Which book was released by SLC (Sri Lanka Cricket) as a tribute to Jagmohan Dalmiya (former BCCI president)?
‘A Tribute to Jagu’.
- Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat Releases Book ‘Param Veer Parwane’ written by Prabhakaran Jain
- ‘Exam Warriors’: MR. Narendra Modi.
- ‘The Heartfulness Way’: Kamlesh D. Patel
- Why I am a Hindu? – Shashi Tharoor.
- Hit Refresh – Satya Nadella
- Fault Lines (How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten The World Economy) – Raghuram Rajan.
- I Do What I do – Raghuram Rajan.
- Red Birds – Mohammed Hanif
- You Can Achieve More – Shiva Khera.
- Pajamas are Forgiving – Twinkle Khanna.
- I am HIV Positive, So What? – Jayantha Kalita ( The story of Khundrapakam Pradeep Kumar).
- Origin: Number 5 of the Robert Langdon Series – Dan Brown.
- Man Ki Baat: A Social Revelution on Radio – Rajesh Jain.
- A Wasted Hour – Jeffrey Archer.
- TWO (a novel) – Gulzar.
- The Scared Sorrow of Sparrows: A Collection of Lives – Siddarth Dasgupta.
- The 3 Mistakes of My Life – Chetan Bhagat.
- The Best Mistakes of My Life – Sanjay Khan‘s Autobiography.
- How India Sees The World: From Kautilya to Modi: Kautilya to 21st Century – Shyam Saran.
- 100 Things Every Professional Cricketer Must Know: BCCI Players Hand Book
- Winning Like Virat: Think and Succeed like Kohli – Abhirup Bhattacharya.
Important Books and Authors 2017
November 2017, December 2017
- The Book of Chocolate Saints – Jeet Thayil
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness – Arundhati Roy.
- The Book, The Way I See It – Chandan Gowda.
- Helping Managers Navigate Careers ( A Book of Coaching Stories) – Bimal Rath.
- Conflicts of Interest – Sunitha Narain.
- The Crisis Within – Ganesh Devy.
- Issues White-Anting India- Bill K Koul
- Beauty Behind the Scars – K K Paul
- The Rise of Sivagami: Bahubali: Before The Beginning – Anand Neelkatan
- What Does This Button Do? – Bruce Dickinson.
- A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions – Dr. Rajat Bhargava and Deenanath Pathak.
- The quest for a world without hunger – M S Swaminathan.
- The Darkest Dark – Chris Hadfield.
- The Coalition Years 1996-2012: Pranab Mukerji.
- Narendra Damodardas Modi: The Making of a Legend – Bindeshwar Patak.
- I am a Girl of Color: Deanna Singh
- The Sellout – Paul Beatty.
- Cyber Pathshala – Tarun Vijay.
- Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl – Ram Kamal Mukherjee.
- As Insignificant Man – Khushboo Ranka ( Movie on Arvind Kejriwal).
- The Emergency – A. Surya Prakash.
- A Life in Science – C.N. Rao
- A Billion is Enough – Ashok Gupta.
- One Life is not Enough – Natwar Singh.
- How to be a Bawsee – Lilly Singh.
- Faith, Unity, and Discipline: The ISI of Pakistan – Hein Kiessling.
- Son of the Thundercloud – Easterine Kire.
- Thamel: Dark Start of Kathmandu – Rabi Thapa.
- The Untold Vajpayee: Politician and Paradox – Ullekh N.P.
- The Journey of Women Law Reforms and The Law Commission of India – Some Insights: Dr. Pavan Sharma.
- The Golden House – Salman Rushdie.
- The Adivasi Will Not Dance – Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar
- Ace Against Odds – Sania Mirza.
- Braille Atlas for Visually Impaired – Aniruddha Bhattacharya.
- Train to Pakistan – Kushwanth Singh.
1) ‘Unstoppable: My Life So Far’ – Maria Sharapova (Tennis Player).
2) ‘Testosterone Rex: Unmaking the Myths of Our Gendered Minds’- Cordelia Fine.
3) ‘Katna Shami Ka Vriksha Padmapankhuri Ki Dhar Se’ – Surendra Verma
4) “Bhartiya Kala Mein Salil Kridayen Evam Sadyahsnata Nayika” – Kshetrapal Gangwar and Sanjib Kumar Singh.
5) The Flaming Tresses of Draupadi – M. Veerappa Moily
6) Hope in a Challenged Democracy – Ashwini Kumar.
7) Rekha – The Untold Story – Yasser Usman.
8) The Golden House – Salman Rushdie
9) The People’s President: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam – SM Khan.
August, July, June 2017
1) The Glory of Patan – KM Munshi
2) Age of Prenzy – Mahabaleshwar Sail ( translated by Vidya Pai)
3) Gandhi Against Caste –Nishikant Kolge
4) Lone Fox Dancing: My Autobiography – Ruskin Bond
5) Nobody killed her – Sabya Javeri.
6) Indira Gandhi: A life in Nature – Jairam Ramesh
7) ‘Indian Railway- The weaving of a National Tapestry’ – Shri Bibek Debroy and Shri Sanjay Chadha
8) Gandhi in Champaran – Dinanath Gopal Tendulkar
9) Matoshree – Sumitra Mahajan ( She is the speaker of Lok Sabha)
10) The hanging of Afzal guru –Arundathi Roy
The shadow of the crescent moon –Fathima Bhutto
India: the future is now –Shashi Tharoor
Go set a watchman –Harper Lee
And then one day –Naseeruddin Shah
Getting India back on track –Ratan Tata
One life is not enough –Natwar Singh
Not just an accountant: the diary of the nation’s conscience keeper –Vinod Roy (Former CAG)
Half lion: how P.V. Narasimha Rao transformed India back -Vinay satpati
Who moved my interest rate –D. Subba Rao(former RBI Governor)
One Indian girl –Chetan Bhagat
Rooting India – realizing a billion aspirations –Nandan Nilekani and Viral Shah
Mrs. Funnybones –Twinkle Khanna
Not war, nor peace- motivating Pakistan to prevent cross-border terrorism – George Perkovich & Toby Dalton
Stop walking to surrender- dealing with terrorism in Pakistan – Khaled Ahmed
The ministry of utmost happiness –Arundathi Roy
Democrats and dissenters –Ramchandra Guha
Immortal –Krishna Uday Sankar
The sellout –Paul Beauty(USA )
Hot Milk -Deborah levy (united kingdom)
Do not say we have nothing –Madeleine their(Canada)
Driven the Virat Kohli story –Vinay lokapalli
Into the hidden valley –Stuart Blackburn
People of the son –Meghna Pant (won the 2016 fond south Asia short story award on nature written)
Secret diary of Kasturba –Neelima Dalmia
Courage and commitment –Margaret Alva
Advani Ji ka swath 32 saal –Viswambara Srivastava
Uttarakhand’s development journey –KK Paul
India’s struggle for independence –Bipin Chandra
A feast of Vulture -the hidden business of democracy in India – Josy Joseph
A brief history of seven killing –Marlon James
Old history new geography: bifurcating Andhra Pradesh – JayaraRamesh
Grassroots innovation – Anil K.Gupta
Harry Potter and the crushed child – J.K.Rowling
The unseen Indira Gandhi -Dr. KP Mathur
Gujarat files: anatomy of a cover-up –Rana Ayub
Turbulent year – Pranab Mukherjee
The Z factor – Subhash Chandra
Master of the contemporary short story –Alice Munro
The Luminaries –Eleanor Catton
Dreaming big: my journey to connect India –MM Agarwal
Jawaharlal Nehru and the Indian polity in perspective –Prof. Alexandra
Mark Bharat Saru Bharat (my India noble India) – Ratna Sundar Swaraj Maharaj
Globalization, democratization and distributive justice –Moolhand Sharma
He duels of the Himalayan eagle – Bharat Kumar
30 women in power: their voices, their stories –Naina Lal Kidwai
Making India awesome – Chetan Bhagat
The Kumbh Mela; mapping the ephemeral megacity – Tarun Khanna
R.D.Burman: the prince of music – Khagesh Dev Burman
Ghosts of Calcutta – Sebastian Oritz
India-Central Asia Relations: The economic dimensions – Amiya Chandra
Kashmir: the Vajpayee years – AS Dault & Aditya Sinha
37 bridges and other stories – Amer Hussein
Modi’s world: Expanding India’s sphere of influence. –C.Raja Mohan
Transcendence: my spiritual experience with Pramukh Swamiji –Abdul Kalam
Beyond doubt: A Dossier on Gandhi’s Assassination. – Teesta Setalvad
Benazir Bhutto: a multidimensional Portrait –Anna Suvorova
Bikhare khalat – Abdul Haq
Recasting India – Hindol Sen Gupta
Modi – The incredible emergence of a star- Tarun Vijay
Education of Muslims – J S Rajput
Sourav Ganguly: cricket, captaincy, and controversy – Saptarshi Sarkar
Flood of fire – Amitav Gosh
Super economies – Raghav BA
Ahmadabad: A city in the world – Amrita Shah
The Pakistan paradox – Christopher Jaffrelot
Unbelievable – Delhi to Islamabad. – Prof. Singh
China – Confucious is the shadows. – Poonam Suri
Pre-modern Kutchi navigation techniques and voyages – Ashok B. Rageshike
The complete story of Indian reforms: 2G power and private enterprise – A practitioner’s dictionary. – Pradeep
Born again on the Mountain –Aarunima Sinha
Prince of Gujarat: the extraordinary prince of Gopaldas Desai – Rajmohan Gandhi
2014: the election that changed India – Rajdeep Sardesai
Letters for a nation- J.L Nehru & Madhav Khosla
Your dreams are mine now: she showed him what love was – Ravinder Singh
Enchantress of Florence – Salman Rushdie
The winner stands alone –Paulo Coelho
My friend Sancho –Amit Varma
Tinderbox: the past and future of Pakistan – MJ Akbar
The idea of justice – Amartya Sen
More salt than pepper – Karan Kapoor
Nine lives – William Dalrymple
The makers of modern India – Ramchandra Guha
Rebirth – Jahnavi Barua
Bombay duck is a fish- Konica Dillon
A Story of history: My obsessive journey to Olympic gold- Abhinav Bindra
Broken Republic – Arundhati Roy
Half girlfriends – Chetan Bhagat
The narrow road to the deep north – Richard Flanagan
Dark star: the loneliness of being Rajesh Kanna – Gautam Chintamani
You are unique – APJ Abdul Kalam
My unforgettable memories – Mamata Banerjee
Beyond religion: ethics for a whole world – Dalai Lama
I witness partial observations – Kapil Sibal.
Last Man in Tower – Aravind Adiga
The freethinker’s prayer book – Khushwant Singh
Non-stop India –Mark Tully
The Mad Tibetan: stories from then and now – Deep Naval
Nirbasan –Taslima Nasreen
The best thing you is you – Anupam Kher
I witness: partial observations – Kapil Sibal
Origins of love – Kishwar Desai
The day Stopped drinking milk – Sudha Murthy
A better India: a better world – Mr. Naryana Murthy
Kashmir: the unwritten history –Christopher Snedden
Walking with lions: tales from a diplomatic past –K Natal Singh