Important Current Affairs May 2017 – May 1st Week 2017.
Hi Friends, Current Affairs is one of the important section in almost every competitive exams. Here we have collected some important current affairs may 2017 in Question and Answer format. This will be very helpful in the preparation of competitive exams 2017-18.
The job seekers who are preparing for upcoming competitive exams in 2017-18 – SBI PO, Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank, NICL, SSC, UPSC, Group II, Group I, Railways, ISRO etc., This article will be helpful for them who are trying to crack those exams and to settle well in a bright career. They have to update their knowledge on day to day events happening in banking, economy, national, international, sports, appointments, awards, honors, important days, Summits, Committees, books, and authors etc.,
Banking and Economy News May 2017
1). According to Global Financial Integrity (GFI), How much worth of the black money flowed into India during 2005 – 2014?
2). Which has joined hands with London-based financial technology firm ‘RedGiraffe’ to facilitate online rental payments?
3). Which bank plans to make 600 digital villages by the year 2017?
4). Which of the India’s largest microfinance company has got approval from RBI to set up small finance bank?
Janalakshmi Financial Services.
Managing Director: VS Radhakrishnan.
5). Name the campaign has been launched by ‘Google’ to support entrepreneurs and developers of the country?
Solve for India.
Vice President of CII: Mr. Uday Kotak.
6). According to UN ESCAP (Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific) report
‘The Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2017’, What would be the economic growth rate of India in 2017-18?
7). Which of the e-commerce payment platform launched an initiative ‘Digital Gold’ to buy and sell gold online through the electronic form?
8). According to Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), What is the India’s economic growth rate for the year 2017-18?
7.5% to 8%.
9) According to ADB (Asian Development Bank) economic report, What is India’s growth forecast rate in the FY 2017-18?
10) According to IMF, What would be global economic growth rate in 2017-18?
3.6% (previously it was 3.1 % in 2016).
11) According to FITCH Ratings, What is the India’s real GDP growth forecast rate for the year 2017-18?
(FITCH: Frank Interesting Tidy Courteous Humble).
12) Which of the social networking site has launched ‘Express Wi-Fi’ internet service in India that provides internet facility using public hotspots at rural areas with the partnership of Bharati Airtel telecom company?
13) How much amount of scholarship was allotted to provide scholarships for the children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh during the next five years under ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme?
Rs 35 crore.
14) According to EMEIA (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) Fraud Survey 2017, What is the India’s rank in corruption among 41 countries?
India – 9th rank.
National & International Current Affairs May 2017 – 1st Week
15) Which city in Haryana state has been renamed as Balramgarh?
16) Name the portal that has been launched by telecom department to track radiation level emitted from the nearby mobile towers and compliant?
17) Which Australian university has signed a pact with AIIMS and other 3 universities to provide 14 Ph.D. Scholarships of Rs. 25 million?
LA TROBE University.
18) Which is the first state to launch Automated Weather Stations (AWS) beneficial for farmers?
Maharashtra. (totally, 2065 stations will be setup soon).
19) India has signed four agreements with which country for co-operation under Air services, Agriculture, culture education and Merchant Shipping?
20) Which is the first city in the world that have its own Microsoft font?
The ‘Dubai Font’ – It supports both Arabic and Latin script and available in 23 different languages.
21) The India stood at which position in the World Press Freedom Index 2017 among 180 countries?
India – 136th rank.
1st rank – Norway,
2nd rank – Sweden,
3rd rank – Finland
4th rank – Denmark
22). India has signed an agreement with which country to strengthen its co-operation in combating terrorism on that country’s president visit to India at New Delhi?
President of Turkey: Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
23) Which country hosting the 50th ADB (Asian Development Bank) Board of Governors meet from 4th May to 7th May 2017?
Japan (Yokohama, Tokyo.).
24) Which is the first state to switch its financial year to January – December as it is traditionally followed as March-April from the past 150 years?
25) In which Indian state the Vansda National Park is located?
26) Name the scheme that has been launched by the union HRD minister to encourage patriotism and nationalism among students.
‘Students for soldiers- a nationwide Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan’
Union HRD Minister: Prakash Javadekar.
27) Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) plans to start India’s first ever e-taxi trial run from 24th May 2017 to combat pollution. In which city this e-taxi trail run will be started?
28) According to CMS India Corruption Study 2017, Which is the most corrupted state in India among 20 states of the survey?
29) According to Swachh Survekshan Survey 2017, Which is the cleanest city among 434 Indian cities?
Indore (Madya Pradesh) (cleanest city)
Gonda (UP) – dirtiest city.
30) India plans to build world’s highest railway bridge across on which river with an estimated cost of Rs. 1100 crore and 359 meters above the river?
Chenab river (Jammu &Kashmir).
Awards & Honours: Important Current Affairs May 2017
31) Which of the Indian chief minister has been selected for ‘Transformative Chief Minister Award 2017’ for his immense role in boosting US-India partnership at the state level?
Mr. Chandrababu Naidu. (CM of Andhra Pradesh).
32) Which of the Indian sand artist has won the gold medal at the 10th Moscow Sand art Championship 2017?
Sudarshan Patnaik (He is from Odisha).
33) Who was conferred with ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2017’ at the 64th National Film Awards?
34) Who was selected for the Japan’s prestigious award ‘ Grand Cordon of the Order of Rising Sun Award 2017’ for his contribution in ties between India-Japan?
Ashwini Kumar (Former Union Minister).
35) Who has been awarded the Spring Imperial Decorations Award 2017 for his role in strengthening the relations between India and Japan?
36) Who has been selected for the prestigious INSA (Indian National Science Academy) medal for the Young Scientist Award for the year 2017?
37) Who has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
Yusra Mardini (Syrian refugee and Olympic athlete).
38) Who is the newly appointed chairman of the Tea Board of India?
Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
39) Who was appointed as the chairman of Coffee Board of India?
M.S. Boje Gowda.
40) Who has been appointed as president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
Ms. Shobana Kamineni.
Important Current Affairs 2017
41) Who is the new chairman of ICSSR (the Indian Council of Social Science Research?
Braj Bihari Kumar.
42) Who took charge as chairman of PAC (Public Accounts Committee) of Parliament in May 2017?
43) Which was the dance performance that has been performed by 6500 women from 21 states and took place in Guinness Book of World Records?
Important Persons in News:
44) Who is the president of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry)?
45) Who is the CEO of Bharathi Airtel Financial Services?
46) Who is the president of All India Football Federation?
47) Who is the president of Sri Lanka?
48) Who is the first female amputee climbed Mount Everest?
SPORTS: Current Affairs May 2017:
49) Who won 10th Barcelona Badminton Open Title 2017?
50) Who won Russian Grad Prix Title 2017?
Valtteri Bottas (He belongs to Mercedes).
51) Name the first Indian who have clinched the Asian Squash Championship title 2017?
52) Best Player of the I-League – Sunil Chhetri.
53) According to BWF (Badminton World Federation) rankings, The former world no. 1 badminton player Saina Nehwal slipped to ______ position.
Saina Nehwal – 9th rank.
PV Sindhu – 4th rank.
54) Sultan Azlan Shah Cup presented to the winners of which sports event?
India won the bronze medal in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup tournament 2017.
55) Indian Squash Association Junior Open 2017
Men’s Category: Abhay Singh.
Women’s Category: Sunayna Kuruvilla.
56) India stood at which position in the latest ICC (International Cricket Council) ODI rankings 2017?
India – 3rd position.
South Africa – 1st Position.
Australia – 2nd rank.
57) What is the rank of Indian football team in the latest FIFA rankings?
58) Who won 33rd edition of ‘ACBS Asian Snooker Championship-2017’ by defeating Indian Snooker player Pankaj Advani at Doha in Qatar?
Lyu Haotian (China).
59) Which football player won ‘Hero of the League Award 2017?
Sunil Chhetri (India).
60) In which state, the first ever transgender athletic meet was conducted in 2017?
Important Days in May 2017:
International Labour Day –1st May.
World Asthma Day, World Tuna Day – 2nd may.
World Press Freedom Day – 3rd May.
International Firefighters Day – 5th May.
International No Diet Day – 6th May.
World Red Cross Day – 8th May
International Nurses Day – 12th May.
Antiterrorism Day – 21st.
World Turtle Day – 23rd.
The World No Tobacco Day – 31st May.
International Mothers Day – 2nd Sunday of May ( 14th May 2017).
World Laugher Day – 7th May 2017 (1st Sunday of May)
International Day for Biological Diversity – 22nd May
Important Days in April 2017
- International Children’s Book Day – 2nd April
- World Autism Day –3rd.
- National Maritime Day –5th
- World Health Day –7th
- Black Day –14th
- World Hemophilia Day -17th
- World Heritage Day – 18th
- World Book Day – 23rd
- World Malaria Day – 25th
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work –28th April.
- The National Anti-Child Labour Day, International Dance Day –29th April.
Important Abbreviations: 1st Week May 2017 Current Affairs
AIIB – Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
GFI – Global Financial Integrity
SAMPADA – Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters.
CII – Confederation of Indian Industry.
ICSSR -Indian Council of Social Science Research.
IITLS – India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit.
IGNFA – Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy.
UNDP – United Nations Development Program.
NSC – National Standards Conclave.
IFCCI– Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
REITs– Real Estate Investment Trusts
FICCI – Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.