Important Current Affairs May 2017 – 2nd Week | Questions & Answers
1. According to Savills Tech Cities Index, Which city stood at the top position in the list of most affordable tech cities in the world?
2. Which bank has provided a facility to withdraw money through ATMs by mobile wallet?
State Bank of India (SBI Buddy).
3. Who was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis by World Health Organization (WHO)?
4. Income Tax dept. has made mandatory to link which of the identity proof for filing IT returns and provided a new facility to link up?
Aadhar With PAN card.
5. Who is appointed as the new Indian ambassidor to France?
Vinay Mohan Kwatra.
6. Who is the new defense secretary of India?
7. The foreign doctors who want to work in India need to have ‘Good Standing Certificate’ issued by _____________ of Medical Council of India (MCI).
– Indian Medical Association (IMA) Institute.
8. According to Forbes Middle East list of top 100 Indian business leaders 2017. Who is at the top position?
Mogul Yusuf Ali (MD of Lulu Group International).
9. Which country will be going to host the AES (Arctic Energy summit) 2017?
Points to Remember:
President: Sauli Niinist0
10. Mauno Koivisto, Which country’s former president died at the age of 93 years on 12th May 2017?
11. Recently, which of the Indian cricketer was awarded the honorary life membership of MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club)?
12. Who are the first Indian women to be honored with Woodrow Wilson Award for Global Corporate Citizenship in 2017?
Chanda Kochar (ICICI Bank CEO).
13. Recently The Indian PM Mr. Modi visited and participated in International Vesak Day celebrations (Festival of Buddhists) of which country?
Points to Remember:
Prime Minister of Srilanka: Ranil WickrePresident
President: Maithripala Sirisena
Capital: CommisionSri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency: Srilankan Rupee.
14. Who is the new chancellor of JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University)?
15. Which two DTH players got approval from CCI (ComCommissionof India) to merge?
Dish TV and Videocon D2H.
16. Which country will be going to host the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017?
17. Which feature was reintroduced to counter-terror operations by Indian Army after a gap of 15 years?
Cordon and Search Operations (CASO).
18. Which of the world cup winning cricket captan’s wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Museum in New Delhi?
Kapil Dev (He is the captain in 1983 world cup match)
19. Who got silver medals in different categories of Asian Wrestling Championship 2017 at New Delhi?
Divya Kakran (69 kg).
Sakshi Malik (60 kg).
Vinesh Phogat (55 kg).
20. Who is the chairman of CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes)?
21. Who is the new director of Twitter for India?
Taranjeet Singh. (CEO of Twitter: Jack Dorsey).
22. Which day is celebrated as International Nurse Day?
23. The National Technology Day will be celebrated every year on which date?
24. Name the mobile app that has been launched by central home minister’Rajnath Singh’ to appeal the grievances of parliamentary forces.
‘MHA Mobile Application’
25. Who will be the prime minister of Bahamas?
Hubert Minnis. (Capital of Bahamas: Nassau, Currency: Bahamian dollar).
26. Name the vaccine that has been launched by the union government to combat pneumonia?
Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine.
27. India has signed MoU with which country to enhance the efficiency of the urban transport system.
UK (Transport for London).
Union Roads and Transport Minister: Mr. Nitin Gadkari.
28. Who won Madrid Open Tennis Title 2017 at Madrid (Spain) by defeating Dominic Thiem of Austria?
Rafael Nadal (Spain).
29. Which state has been declared as best governance in the country and stood at the top of the Public Affair Index (PAI) 2017?
30. Who won the gold medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2017 for the first time?
Bajrang Punia (65kg men’s category).