Last 3 Months Banking Current Affairs 2017 Bit Bank – March, April and May 2017.
Many people are preparing for SBI PO 2017, Bank of Baroda exams. This collection of some important points on banking and economy based on Last 3 Months Banking Current Affairs 2017 (Bit Bank) will be useful for upcoming competitive exams in 2017-18.
Banking and Economy News 2017
Current RBI Policy Rates (1st Bi-Monthly Policy Rates Review for the FY2017-18)
Repo Rate – 6.25%
Reverse Repo Rate –6%
CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio) – 4%
Bank Rate: 6.5%
MSF (Marginal Standing Facility) – 6.5%
SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio) – 20.5%.
RBI Governor and Deputy Governors 2017
Governor: Mr. Urjit Patel.
The four Deputy Governors of RBI:
- N S Vishwanathan,
- S S Mundra,
- BP Kanungo, and
- Viral Acharya.
Banking Current Affairs 2017 Bit Bank – Important Points.
1. SBI Card linked with London-based financial technology firm – ‘RedGiraffe’ to provide online rental payment for its customers.
2. ICICI Bank plans to digitalize 600 villages by the year 2017.
3. The Canara Bank joined hands with BSNL to upgrade its bandwidth at all its branches to 2 Mbps.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has celebrated 82nd Establishment day on 1st April 2017.
5. As per IMF (International Monetary Fund), Economic Growth Rate of India by 2018-19 – 7.7% and Global Economic Growth Rate in 2017-18 is 3.6%
6. Newly appointed members of CBEC ( Central Board of Excise and Customs) – RK Mahajan and Mahender Singh.
7. The 5th largest private sector bank, YES Bank partnered with ___________ to set up card linked cashback proposition. – Cashkaro.com
8. As per GFI (Global Financial Integrity), __________ amount of black money flowed into India from 2005 to 2014 – 770 billion dollars.
9. The microfinance company, Janalakshmi Financial Services got approval from RBI to set up small finance bank in India.
10. Google launches ‘Solve for India’ campaign to support entrepreneurs of the country.
11. Paytm launched ‘Digital Gold’ option to buy and sell gold online through Paytm.
12. The Chief Economist and Director General of ADB (Asian Development Bank) – Yasuyuki Sawada.
13. Chairman of CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) – Mrs. Vanaja N. Sarna.
14. Facebook Launches ‘Express Wi-Fi’ free internet service in India by collaborating with Bharati Airtel telecom company.
15. ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme has launched to provide scholarships to the children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh and Rs.35 crores were sanctioned under this scheme.
Economic Growth Rate of India in 2017-18
- As per Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – 7.5 to 8%.
- According to Asian Development Bank (ADB) – 7.4%
- According to International Monetary Fund (IMF) – 7.2%.
- The ‘Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2017‘ – 7.1% to 7.5%.
- FITCHRatings report- 7.7%.
- As per World Bank Report named “Globalization Backlash” – 7.2%.
India’s Ranking in different Indexes 2017
According to WEF (World Economic Forum) Travel and Tourism Competitiveness report 2017 – 40th rank ( among 136 countries).
Corruption Index 2017 – 9th Rank (among 41 countries).
Global Competitiveness Index 2016-17 By WEF (World Economic Forum) – 39th Rank ( among 138 countries Switzerland topped the list).
Global Peace Index 2016-17 – 141st rank ( among 163 countries topped the list Iceland).
Ease of Doing Business Index 2016-17 – 130th rank ( among 190 countries)
Gender gap index 2016-17 – 87th rank (144 countries participated) by WEF.
Global Hunger Index Report 2016 – 97th rank ( totally 118 countries participated).
Human Development Index 2017 –131st rank ( Among 188 countries)
World Press Freedom Index 2017 – 136th rank (180 countries).
Global Innovation Index 2016 – 66th rank.
EMEIA (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) Fraud Survey 2017, India stood at 9th position among 41 countries.
Banking Current Affairs 2017 Bit Bank – Important Points.
1. Recently, Japan officially recognized the ___________ as its currency and made its circulation legal throughout the country – Bitcoin.
2. Recently, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up 2 new offices of the ‘Banking Ombudsman’ in Jammu & Kashmir ( at Jammu) and Chattisgarh (in Raipur).
3. HDFC Bank launches ‘Chiller’ app that supports UPI payments on the multi-Bank Payment options.
4. What was the new framework issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to resolve the problems in NPAs (non-performing assets) or Bad loans? –‘Revised Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework’.
5. The RBI has signed an agreement on “Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information” with ________________. -The Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan.
6. Who is the Deputy Governor of Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan? – Mr. Phajo Dorjee.
7. The RBI approves the proposal to introduce new currency notes of Rs.200.
8. Emirates introduces paperless SIP (Strategic Investment Plan) from 2017.
9. Mahinder Singh Juneja is the new MD & CEO of NBHC (National Bulk Handling Corporation).
10. The state bank of India has launched 3 new digital services on its 61st Foundation Day.
– SBI Mingle, Digital Village, and Pre-approved EMI facility.
11. Which bank has adopted the Shirki Village in Maharastra to make it as a digital village in 30 days? – State bank of India.
12. The South Indian Bank has joined hands with ‘Fly World Money Exchange’ to facilitate remittances by Indian expatriates in Australia.
13. The popular e-commerce company Amazon India got RBI approval to set up e-wallet ‘Amazon Pay’ to make online payments
14. Newly appointed Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India – Malvika Sinha.
15. The NBFC ‘Manappuram Finance” launched its own co-branded prepaid card to promote its digital transactions by linking with YES bank.
16. The Union Ministry sanctions Rs. 23,443 crore under MGNREGS for this Financial Year 2017-18.
17. The Central Minister of Rural Development: Narendra Singh Tomar.
18. ___________ launches its revised version website with new user-friendly features and compatible with both mobile and desktop – SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India).
19. The LVB (Lakshmi Vilas Bank) launches QIP (Qualified Institutional Placement) to raise funds of worth ___________ by issuing 4.25 crore shares in domestic or international markets.
– Rs. 599.88 Crore
20. The NOKIA signed MoU with which telecom companies to set up 5G internet speed in India and fast internet ecosystem in India?
Airtel and BSNL.
21. RBI plans to issue the new high-value currency note of Rs.2000.
22. AXIS Bank has launched all women bank branch in Kolkata in April 2017.
23. The CEO of HDFC Bank __________ has been conferred with ‘Best Banking CEO in Asia 2016-17’ – Aditya Puri.
24. ‘My Speed’ is the new mobile app launched by ‘TRAI’ to measure the real time internet speed. Expand
TRAI – Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
25. Which is the first bank to complete a banking transaction using blockchain technology? – ICICI bank
26. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) sanctions Rs 2,154.28 crore to reduce the Ganga River’s pollution load under ‘Namami Gange’ program?
27. The Central Bank of India’s customer has won Rs. 1 crore under ‘Pradhan Mantri Lucky Grahak Yojana’. PMLJY has launched by Union Govt. to popularize digital payments in India.
28. Flipkart buys eBay India business in exchange for an equity stake worth $500 million.
29. The web portal ‘isnp.irda.gov.in’ launched by IRDAI in April 2017 that allows insurers to register and sell policies online.
30. Who is the chairman of IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) – T.S. Vijayan.
31. Name the Schemes launched by NITI Aayog to encourage digital transactions in India and disburses Rs. 243 crore prize money for 18 lakh customers (Prize winners) by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India)– Lucky Grahak Yojna (LGY) and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojna (DVY).
32. According to BCG-TiE Report 2017 (April), Which is the second largest country in terms of mobile Internet users at over 391 million users and expecting to double at 650 million users by the year 2020? India.
33. Who is the Managing Director and CEO of Karnataka Bank Ltd (KBL)?
Mahabaleshwara Mavinakudige Subrahmanya.
34. __________ was charged as the new chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Bank in April 2017?
35. India’s internet economy will be doubled to____________ by the year 2020 – $250 billion
(Boston Consulting Group (BCG) The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE))
36. Dr. (Ms.) Mukulita Vijayawargiya became a member of IBBI (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India) in April 2017.
37. Newly appointed MD & CEO of LIC Housing Finance in April 2017 – Vinay Shah.
38. Karnataka Bank has been honored with two awards of IBA (Indian Banks Association) – Banking technology awards 2017
Winner- Best Financial Inclusion Initiatives category.
Runner – Best Use of Digital and Channels Technology category.
39. The union ministry launches ‘Operation Clean Money’ to detect black money generation after demonetization issue.
40. The CBDT(Central Board of Direct Taxes) detected ______________ amount of black money deposited in the banks from November 9, 2016 to February 28, 2017?
Rs 9,334 crore.
41. The Central Finance Ministry approved 8.65% of interest on EPF Deposits in 2016-17?
42. Who is the head of the inter-regulatory working group set up by RBI, to study the issues related to ‘financial technology and digital banking’?
– Sudarshan Sen.
43. ______________ bank has set up IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) at GIFT City (Gujarat International Finance Tech City) – RBL Bank.
44. Gurumoorthy Mahalingam has become the whole-time member of SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India).
Banking Current Affairs 2017 Bit Bank – Important Points for SBI PO 2017 and Bank of Baroda Exams.
1. Truecaller has been partnered with which bank for UPI-based mobile payment service – “Truecaller Pay” – ICICI Bank.
2. Name the two mobile apps which were launched by Union Roads & Transport ministry for effective implementation of traffic rules. e-challan and m-parivahan
3. The state bank of India(SBI) has setup “Work from Home” facility to serve any emergency work with their mobiles from home itself.
4. HDFC Bank launches EVA (Electronic Virtual Assistant), India’s first artificial intelligence based banking chatbot to provide the solutions for various customer queries all over the world.
5. Which replaced the sponsor of the Indian cricket team, the star India.
OPPO (The Mobile manufacturing company OPPO is the new sponsor).
6. TDSAT – (Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal) looks over the appeals and disputes in the telecom sector and works towards the growth of telecom sector.
7. China overtook __________ to became world’s largest banking system. – Eurozone.
8. Bandhan Bank has signed an agreement with Avenues India Pvt. Ltd. for better customer support in March 2017.
9. Which bank issued RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Card) enabled banking cards to provide better service to its valued customers? – HDFC Bank.
Note: (With RFID cards, when a customer enters into the bank then the complete information about the customer popups at manager’s PC.
10. Asian Development Bank Ltd. (ADB) sanctioned 375 million US dollars to India for the development of Visakhapatnam—Chennai (800 km) Industrial Corridor.
11. Airtel Payments Bank partnered with NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) and Insurance companies to offer insurance and credit facilities.
12. IDBI Bank has got Rs 3000 crore bailout package from the union government to maintain its credit growth and a healthy capital adequacy ratio (CAR) and kept under watchlist of Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) due to its high amount of bad loans or NPAs.
13. The IRCTC has been partnered with which bank to provide digital payment services to buy railway tickets for its customers using the bank’s debit card? – The UBI (United Bank of India).
14. The State Bank of India has signed MoU with the real estate association (Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI) to do various development works in the realty sector.
15. HDFC Bank is the first Indian company that issued masala bonds in LSE (London Stock Exchange).
16. Which was the first country to ban metal mining in that country? El Salvador ( US).
17. India linked with which bank for getting a loan of $ 350 billion to make enhancements of Roads in Madhya Pradesh?
NDB (New Development Bank (Or) BRICS Bank).
Banking News Updates Key Points February 2017.