Latest Banking Current Affairs 2017 PDF August 2017
Latest RBI Policy Rates August 2017
Repo Rate: 6% ( It was reduced by 25 basis points from 6.25% to 6%).
Reverse Repo Rate: 5.75% ( It was reduced by 25 basis points from 6% to 5.75%).
MSF (Marginal Standing Facility): 6.25%
Bank Rate: 6.25%
CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio): 4%
SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio): 20%
Banking Current Affairs Questions & Answers August 2017
1. Which public sector bank has awarded best performance awards by NABARD for SHG-bank linkage program in 2015-16 and 2016-17?
MD & CEO: Shri Jai Kumar Garg
Tagline: Prosperity for all
Head Office: Mangalore
NABARD Chairman: Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
2. which has launched ‘PlanYourGoal.com’ web portal to help users to plan their investments according to one’s future needs?
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
3. Who is the newly appointed MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank?
P R Sheshadri
Head Office: Karur, Tamilnadu,
Tagline: Smart Way to Bank.
4. According to RBI report – ‘Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India’, Which two RRBs (Regional Rural Banks) has recorded more than Rs 150 crore net profit of during 2016-17?
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank and Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
5. As per RBI report, Which denomination of currency notes will soon be available in the market?
6. What is the threshold limit decided by the government while doing banking transactions up to which Aadhaar card is mandatory?
Rs. 50, 000.
7. Who is the chairperson of IBBI (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India)?
8. Who is the newly appointed MD & CEO of IDFC Bank?
9. The Kerala based private sector bank ‘Dhanalaxmi Bank’ has been tied up with which organization for bancassurance?
DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company.
10. According to FDI Intelligence report, Which country is the top most green field FDI destination in the world?
11. According to the report, which bank is going to acquire Freecharge?
12. Which financial institution has cleared 250 million US dollars loan for skill training in India?
Head Office: Washington, D.C., United States
CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
13. Which Indian financial company has been named among top 10 consumer financial services companies in the world?
14. Which bank has signed an agreement with New India Assurance Company Ltd. (NIACL) to provide security to the cooperative farmers?
15. How much amount was approved by the central government for Noida-Greater Noida Metro Rail Project?
Rs. 5500 Crore
16. According to DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion), Which country has emerged as the top source of foreign direct investment into India in 2016-17?
17. Which PSU (Public Sector Unit) company has become the most profitable company in India?
IOC (Indian Oil Corporation).
18. According to World Bank, What is the GDP growth forecast rate of India in the financial year-2018?
7.2% (For 2018)
19. According to HSBC report, What is the India’s GDP growth forecast rate in the year 2017?
20. The Indian Mobile operating system -Indus OS is launching the first OS integrated UPI platform with which bank?
21. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has launched ______________ mobile app for syncing Adhaar data on the mobile phone.
22. Recently, The State Bank of India has launched ___________ web portal to help home buyers to choose their home from 3000 SBI approved projects.
SBI Realty portal (www.sbirealty.in)
23. Which telecom company is going to sell its controlling stake in Infratel in an effort to spare over $14 billion of debt?
24. According to the Global Research Firm (IPSOS), Which was listed under top 10 most influential brands in India for the year 2016-17?
Patanjali & Reliance Jio.
25. Which bank has tied up with IIC (Inter-American Investment Corporation) to facilitate trade with Latin America and the Caribbean?
26. EPFO (Employment Provident Fund Organization) has been tied to which corporation to provide housing subsidy of 2.67 lakhs for its members to buy homes under PMAY( Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana)?
HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation).
27. Recently which financial organization has signed a 220 million dollars loan agreement with India to improve connectivity, transport efficiency, and safety on the state Highways of Rajasthan?
ADB (Asian Development Bank)
Head Quarters of ADB: Mandaluyong, Philippines
CEO of ADB: Takehiko Nakao
28. According to Asian Development Bank, What is the India’s GDP growth forecast rate for the current fiscal year?
29. According to Fitch Ratings, What is the India’s GDP growth forecast rate in the year 2018-19?
30. Which PSU bank has launched its first ‘Digital Banking Branch’ named ‘CANDI‘ in Bengaluru?
CEO: Shri. Rakesh Sharma
Tagline: Together we can
Head Quarters: Bengaluru
31. Recently ADB Bank has approved 275 million dollars loan for piped water supply to which state government?
32. Recently NABARD approves how much loan to the Rajasthan government to create rural infrastructure under RIDF (Rural Infrastructure Development Fund)?
Rs 1,349.55 crore
NABARD – National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Banking Current Affairs August 2017 PDF Free Download