Latest Current Affairs 2016 – For Bank Exams, UPSC, SSC, LIC, Railways and other Competitive Exams – (March 2nd Week)- Questions & Answers
India and IMF Agreement:
India & International Monetary Fund (IMF) has been decided to launch a regional training and technical assistance center at Delhi and MoU has been signed between India’s Financial Minister Arun Jaitley and IMF Chief Christine Lagarde in the presence of India’s Prime Minister.
SARTTAC ( South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center) – Its main goal is to provide training courses and seminars on financial issues to the policy makers and govt. agencies from 6 countries.
BSNL pact with Airtel:
BSNL makes plans on spectrum sharing with Airtel. BSNL CMD – Anupam Shrivastava.
Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana (MSHY):
MSHY is launched by Karnataka Govt. to provide free treatment to the road accident victims.
MSHY scheme was named after Harish Nanjappa – road accident victim and become popular by saying his last wish as to donate his organs to others though he was in a dying situation and his body was cut into two parts.
- (MSIA) Mahindra Samriddi India Agri Lifetime Achievement Award (also known as Krishi Shiromani Samman)
Amrita Patel has been awarded MSIA Lifetime Achievement Award 2016.
- MARIA SHARAPOVA – The world no.1 female tennis player from Russia has been banned from tennis as she has been proven positive in the drugs test.
- Air India operates the longest flight in the world that overall flight operations from the cockpit to cabin crew, check-in staff, doctor, customer care staff and entire ground handling and all support is handled by women.
- The poet Padma Sachdev has been awarded ‘Krutitava Samagra Samman 2016’ in dongri language.
- Kalabhavan Mani – The popular Malayalam actor and folk singer passed away.
- Facebook and Citrus Pay tied up for facilitating e-commerce.
- IMF (International Monetary Fund) projects 7.3% growth rate for India this fiscal year.
- On 10th March 2016, ISRO has been launched the countries 6th navigation satellite. IRNSS – 1F on PSLV- C32.
- India extends $ 2 billion line of credit to Bangladesh.
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has revealed the news about tax. In the financial year 2015-16, the uncollected tax amount was increased to 7 lakhs from 5.75 lakhs.
- The central govt. invests Rs.69, 575 crores to increase our country’s quota in International Monetary Fund (IMF). CEO of IMF – Christina Lagarde.
- According to Moody’s Analytics, E-payments a huge boost to Indian Economy. It earns $6.08 billion through e-payment system and also it has created 3, 36, 000 jobs.
- Moody’s Chief Economist – Mark Zandi.
- Union govt. is aiming to achieve the fiscal deficit target of 3.9% in 2015-16 and 3.5% in 2016-17.
- India hikes $2 billion credit line to Bangladesh.
- To avoid fraudulent bank guarantees, CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) suggested e-verification of those documents.
- Regional Rural Bank employees have undergone a two-day strike against the govt. plan of privatization of RRBs and outsourcing of banking services and also to provide pension provident fund facilities.
- Yes Bank launched all women branch in Bangalore.
- EPFO (Employment Provident Fund Organization) has sealed the bank accounts of 636 firms for irregular payments to its employees in Madhya Pradesh.
ASIA Cup Title 2016: Cricket.
India won Asia Cup title 2016 by defeating Bangladesh at Sher-e-Bangla National cricket stadium, Mirpur, Bangladesh.
- Man of the series: Sabbir Rahman.
- Most runs in the series: Sabbir Rahman.
- Most wickets: Al-Amin Hossain of Bangladesh.
- Man of the match: Shikhar Dhawan.
PRO- Kabaddi League Title 2016: Patna Pirates won this title.
Latest Current Affairs 2016 – Questions & Answers for all Competitive Exams – (March 2nd Week)
Name the drug which has been used by the Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova and banned from playing Australian Open Series match? – Meldonium.
Expand NDDB – National Dairy Development board.
Which two states has been signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) for five irrigation projects?
-Maharashtra and Telangana ( The decades of conflict between these two states has come to an end for utilizing water in the river Godavari and its tributaries.)
Which country came forward and signed an agreement to develop Kochi, Bhubaneswar, and Coimbatore as smart cities?
Name the person who, the inventor of E-mail has been passed away due to his ill health?
– Ray Tomlinson.
The world’s costliest train station has been opened on which city at 9/11 site?
– New York.
Which IT company’s chairman has been recently appointed to the board of RBI?
– TCS (N.Chandrasekaran.)
Name the project launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make national highways free of railway crossings.
– ‘Setu Bharatam Project’.
What is the theme of ‘International Women’s Day 2016’? – “Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step it up for Gender Equality”
On which country SBI has got preliminary license approval to open its branch office and after successful completion of 12 months it will provide the permanent license to continue its services?
Which bank launches work from home program for its women staff?
– ICICI Bank launched work@home for women staff by deploying face recognition technology and also by providing access to the bank’s core banking services.
Expand SARFAESI Act – Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest.
Which state is declared as the first digital state of India by the president Pranab Mukherjee?