Latest Current Affairs 2016 -(March 1st Week)
- Senior IPS Officer Alok Kumar Verma was appointed as Delhi Police Commissioner.
- Dinesh Sharma, Additional Finance Secretary and India’s Governor to the IFAD (International Fund for Agricultural Development). The aim of IFAD is to remove poverty and hunger all over the world especially in rural areas.
- Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain has been appointed as chief of eastern naval command. (Previously Bimal Verma)
- The “Muziris Heritage Project” inaugurated by president “Pranab Mukherjee” in Kerala.
- Twitter is planning to launch the campaign to empower women.
- Mrugank Parange was the newly appointed CMD of MCX stock exchange.
- Indian Film sound designer, sound editor Resul Pookutty won ‘Golden Reel Award 2016’ for the film ‘India’s Daughter’. Director of India’s daughter – Leslee Udwin.
- ‘Dinanath Mangeshkar Award 2016’ has been presented to Sanjay Leela Bhansali & Ranveer Singh.
- Airport Quality Service Awards 2015 – IGI (Indira Gandhi International) airport has been received the best airport for the second time.According to Airport Council International (ACI) – IGI Airport has retained the 1st position (under 25 to 40 million passengers per anum category) for the second consecutive year.
- Mumbai won U-23 CK Nayudu Trophy.
- Manoj Kumar has won the 47th Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2015.
- Ratan Thiyam has won the Lifetime Achievement Award of the 11th edition of Mahindra Excellence Theatre Awards (META) on 1st March 2016.
- AM Turing Award for computing Machinery’s 2015 – Whitefield Diffie and Martin Hellman.
- Melbourne-based South Asian Community has been conferred with “Randeep Hooda Award”.
Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) Motorsports Man of the Year Trophy 2015 – Armaan Ebrahim
Dubai ATP Tennis Title 2016
- Men’s Singles Category – Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland).
- Women’s Singles Category – Sara Errani, Italy.
- Men’s Doubles – Simone Bolelli and Andreas Seppi (Italy).
- Women’s Double Category – Chuang Chiu – Jung (China), Darija Jurak (Croatia).
All India Open Snooker Championship 2016:
A new Doppler radar has been initiated to improve the weather forecasting in eastern coast.
Mahesh Kumar Singla Committee has been set up to look at the scheduled tribe status to six communities of Assam.
Martin Crowe the New Zealand cricket player and commenter pass away.
South Africa spinner Aaron Phangiso was suspended by ICC for illegal bowling action.
Youngest Billionaire in the World – Alexandra Andresen (19 years).
- A. Sangma the former Lok Sabha speaker has died on March 7th.
- Martin Crowe, a famous cricketer of New Zealand has affected with cancer recently.( Capital of New Zealand – Wellington and Currency of New Zealand-Dollar.
Books and Authors:
- Transcendence – APJ Abdul Kalam.
- A Kingdom for his Love – Vani Mahesh and Shinie Antony.
- India 2016 & Bharat 2016 – Ministry of I & B.
- Indian Paper Money – Razack.
- The ‘Pantala’, a dragonfly which is the world’s largest travel as it can migrate from one continent to another.
- MS Swami Nathan Research Foundation has signed MoU with Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
- AjayShankar Committee: To examine the possibility of replacing multiple prior permissions with the pre-existing regulatory mechanism.
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has recently introduced two main projects for NW-2 National waterway. NW-2 has existed from Sadia to Dhubri in Assam over Brahmaputra River in Assam.
- MPHEQIP (Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project) – World Bank, Govt. of India and Govt. of Madhya Pradesh has inked a MoU for Credit Corpus of US $300 million.
Latest Current Affairs in March 2016
March 1st week Current Affairs Question & Answers for all competitive exams – LIC AAO, SBI, Railways, UPSC, Banks etc.,
1. Which country has decided to reach a long-term goal of cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by the year 2025? – The United States.
2. Which award is conferred to Dr. Bhagavathi Lal Vyas on 2nd march 2016 for his Rajasthan poem – Katha Sun Aware ha Shabd?
– ‘Bihari Puraskar Award 2016’. Bhagavathi Lal Vyas has also written two other books – 1) Shatabdi Niruthar and 2) Suraj Leelithi
3. NASA invites which country to jointly explore Mars?
– India (ISRO).
4. Which place is known as “City of Lakes”?
5. Name the famous actor – director who has created television’s longest soap opera Coronation Street has passed away? – Tony Warren/Anthony McVay Tony Simpson.
6. Expand ESSO-IMD – [Earth System Science Organization – Indian Meteorological Department]
7. Name the state govt. Which is recently launched the HPV (Human Papillomavirus) virus vaccine for a first time in India?
8. Which hospitality has major group inked a pact with real estate firm (Subramanya Construction and Development Company) and the Maldives government for designing, building and managing luxury resort?
– Oberoi Group.
9. According to Forbes Magazine, Who is at the top of the list of “World’s Richest People in India”?
– Mukesh Ambani.
10. The Indian Army Contingent – “Force-18” of Multinational Field Training Exercise (FTX) has been taken place at Pune and which is led by the lady, first time in India? – Sophia Qureshi
11. According to World Economic Forum, Switzerland is at the top position as per Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report (GEAPIR). What is the position of India in Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report?
– 90th position.
12. Name the famous actor and Oscar award winner who has passed away at the age of 91 years.
– George Kennedy.
13) Who won the gold medal in men’s 50km race walk event during National Championships?
– Bahadur Rana.
14) Name the astronaut who has returned to earth after spending 340 days in space for NASA?
– Scott Kelly (She has landed on Kazikisthan).
15) Yale University has announced the Windham Campbell Prizes for nine members. Name the Indian who got this award in 2016?
– Jerry Pinto.
16) Microsoft Corp. will collaborate with which company to deploy advanced analytics solution to support healthcare organizations?
17) Rs.40, 000 crores of the additional worth of capital has been made available to the Indian banks under capital recognition as per revised norms of RBI.
18) Name the photographer, who has been named as sports photographer of the year picture awards 2015?
– James Hardesty.
19) Three British scientists, Tim Bliss, Graham Collingridge and Richard Morris on 1st March 2016 has won Grete Lund beck European Brain Research Prize?
– The prize is also known as Brain Prize.
20) How many Road over Bridges (ROB) has been identified to be built under the ‘Setu Bharatam Project’ launched on 4th March 2016?
21) Who won the best actor award at the 88th Academy Awards on 29th Feb 2016?
– Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant.
22) Name the first gold mine in the country to be auctioned in February 2016?
23) Which social networking site on 26th Feb 2016 launched #PositionOfStrength Campaign in India to tackle on?
– Women Empowerment.
24) Which country has passed its first anti-terror bill on 2nd march, 2016?
– South Korea. (The capital city of South Korea – Seoul and its currency is ‘won’).
25) RBI on 3rd March 2016 released the draft directions for NBFC – Account Aggregator. What is the next owned fund of an NBFC Account aggregator?
– 2 Crore Rupees.
26) Under Priority Sector Lending, SIDBI will raise ‘Stand up India Fund’ of Rs.10, 000 Crore from RBI. Who is the chairman of SIDBI?
– Kshatrapati Shivaji.
27) With which country, Indian Defense Ministry has issued an order worth Rs.22, 000 Crore for a purchase of helicopters, CH-47 Chinook, and AH-64 Apache.
– The United States.
28) Union Textile Ministry has released the first edition of the e-newsletter for what purpose?
– News regarding the functionalities of the ministry.
– Sharing important news on development in the textile sector.
– Empowering and taking governance closer to people.
29) What is the name of the Swedish Princess victorious newly born son and ‘Swedish Royal Court’ has named on his name?
– Oscar Carl Olof.
30) Who is the Youngest Billionaire in the world?
– Alexandra Andresen (19 years). He is having $1.2 Million Billions.
31) Yes, Bank has purchased 5% stake in Investor Advisory Form from BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange).
32) Name the author of the book “Who was Shivaji? “.
– Govind Pansare (Famous Rationalist).
33) Which of the business school has been tied up with NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) for ensuring the development of managerial competence?
– ISB (Indian Business School, Hyderabad).
34) Who is the newly elected president of Kosovo?
– Hashim Thaci.
35) What is the capital city & Currency of Kosovo?
– Capital City – Pristina.
– Currency – Euro.
36) Who is the head of the committee which is established to consider scheduled tribe status to six communities of Assam State?
– Mahesh Kumar Singla.
37) Which IT Company has got the Global Top Employer Award? –TCS.
38) Which country has declared an emergency after a major oil pipeline burst affecting two rivers (Morono and China)?
The capital of Peru – Lima.
The currency of Peru – Inti.
39) Recently Pakistani has conferred a ministerial meeting on key areas with which company?
40) On which day ‘zero discrimination day’ has been celebrating every year?
- March 1st.