Latest Bank Current Affairs 2016:
(Last 10 days Banking & Financial News):
- RBS Helps Its Employees Effected with Chennai Floods:
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has set aside as special relief fund worth able Rs 20 Crore to support its employees who were badly affected with Chennai floods.
- PayTm Head Quarters: Noida.
- Who is the head of the committee on the medium-term path on financial inclusion? Deepak Mohanty.
- Which is the 2nd largest private sector bank in India? HDFC Bank.
- Which is the 1st largest private sector bank? ICICI Bank.
- FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) cleared the FDI proposals of over Rs. 1810 Crore value.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had cancelled the Sahara Asset Management Company’s registered order for the portfolio manager.
- AIBEA – All India Bank Employees Association. AIBEA General Secretory- C.H. Venkatachalam.
- IDBI Bank is planning to raise funds over Rs. 3771 Crore through QIP (Qualified Institutional Placements).
- REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts): To ease the path to raising funds SEBI has also issued new norms to REITs.
- TRAI Chairman – R.S. Sharma.
- 300 million defective Rs.1000 notes: RBI cautioned the banks to replace the defective notes of Rs.1000.
- Rupee the No.1 Currency: Rupee became one of the best currency of Asian currencies in 2015.
- With Delhi-Meerut expressway worth Rs. 7566 crore expecting to make free from pollution.
- RBI fixed the base rate as 9.45% for all Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and Micro Finance Institutions.
- Cheque Truncation System (CTS): RBI decided to clear govt. cheques through CTS without their physical movement for faster clearing of cheques.
- Recently Bank of Baroda set up its social presence through its facebook and twitter pages to get back its reputation recently hit with 6100 crore remittances scam.
- PNB MD – Usha Ananta Subramanian has inaugurated its digital banking solutions by upgrading its mobile apps and by providing green PIN facility.
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank recently reached its target of launching 1000 ATMs all over the country.
- Changes in PSU Banks Recruitment for hiring Junior level Clerical Posts: Finance Ministry and PSU Banks are planning to discontinue the interviews by strengthening written exam pattern for junior level clerical posts.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) the central apex bank inflicts one crore rupees penalty on State Bank of Travancore (SBT) for disobeying some of its instructions.
- CRLIC – Central Responsibility of Information Large Credits.
- Hike on Tax Deduction Limit: The government hiked the tax deduction limit for long term savings to 2.5 lakhs and previously it was 1.5 lakhs.
- New COO of WIPRO: The 3rd biggest IT giant – Wipro has appointed its new Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Abid Ali Neemuchwala