SBI PO Syllabus 2019 and Best Books for SBI PO Preparation
As you all know, The State bank of India has released the recruitment notification for selecting young talented and dynamic candidates for the post of SBI PO for the year 2019-20. Now it’s time to start your preparation for SBI PO Online Exam that will be held in the month of June 2019. Before going to start your preparation. First, you should know the syllabus and exam pattern for better preparation by collecting good materials and books. Then start learning the topics and practicing. Well planned preparation with good materials and practicing previous years question papers makes you crack SBI PO Exams. Having knowledge of previous cutoff scores and reading some success stories of previous year’s successful people as SBI POs will boost your energy and makes you concentrate more in preparation. Here we have updated the SBI PO Syllabus 2019 and Best Books to Prepare for SBI PO Online Examination 2019. The online examination is conducted under two levels – sbi po preliminary examination and main examination.
Highly Recommended BOOKS to Prepare for SBI PO 2019 – By Experts
So Friends, Let us have a look on the detailed syllabus of SBI PO’s section wise and topic wise.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019
SBI PO Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude:
With the analysis of previous year question papers we have prepared the syllabus copy of SBI PO Phase -II Exam
- Simplifications – 5 Questions
Under simplifications, the questions will be asked on
- Square roots,
- Cube roots,
- LCM and HCF
- Arthematic progression,
- Geometric progression etc.
These problems have to solve using BODMAS rule and Speed Maths tricks to get quick answers and for better time management in the exam.
These simplifications are time-saving, scoring and high accuracy part if one can learn the speed maths tricks. (Click here to learn Speed Maths Tricks)
2) Averages (1 or 2 questions) – The candidate should have knowledge of basics of this topic.
3) Percentage: (1-2 Questions) – This is very important to get the good score and if we have the good depth knowledge on fast calculation ability of percentages.
There is a chance to answer 5 to 6 questions on this topic. In Data interpretation and Data Analysis, data sufficiency we can get most questions on percentages.
4) Simple Interest and Compound Interest (1 to 2 Questions)
5) Ratio and Proportion (0 or 1 Question)
6) Profit and Loss (1 Question)
7) Partnership ( 0 or 1)
8) Trains, Time and Distance (1-2 Questions)
9) Boats & Streams (0 or 1 question)
10) Algebra (Quadratic Equations and Inequations) – 5 Questions
11) Mensuration (1-2 Questions)Learn all the formulas in mensuration)
Square, Rectangle, Circle, Semicircle, and Parallelogram. Cone and Cylinder also asked.
12) Time and Work ( 1)
13) Probability (1)
14) Permutation and Combination ( 0 or 1)
15) Data Interpretation (15 -20 Questions) – DI is an important topic for sbi PO exams.
- Line Graphs,
- Bar Graphs,
- Pie Charts,
- Tables and
- Mixed Graphs.
- Puzzle solving. (The information is given in one paragraph. we have to answer the questions based on the information given and solving.
16) Data Sufficiency – 3 to 5 questions
Under Data sufficiency problems will be given on any of the above Aptitude topics.
Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude with 4 eBooks Rs.47.
Most Recommended Books to Prepare for SBI PO 2019 – By Experts
To BUY With
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R. S. Agarwal (2019 Edition)||Click Here to Buy|
|Shortcut Tricks in Aptitude/Reasoning/English (Rs.137)||Disha Publications||BUY Now|
|Quicker Maths||M.Tyra||Buy Here|
|Data Interpretation Magical Book Series||BSC Publications||Click Here to Buy|
SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus for Phase – II
- Coding & Decoding (2 -5 )
- Syllogism (0- 5 questions)
- Blood Relationship Problems. (1)
- Series Problems (3 to 5 )
- Machine Input and Output/ Input- Output/ Sequential Output Tracing (5 questions)
- Direction Sense Problems. (1)
- Symbols & Notations – (Inequalities) (5 Questions)
- Directions & Distances ( 1 or 2 Questions)
- Puzzle Test/ Seating Arrangement: (5-10 Questions)
- Circular arrangements
- Linear (single line, double line (Arrangements on two parallel lines)
- Uni-Directional and Bi-Directional problems (i.e. facing inside, outside or in both directions).
- Data Sufficiency Problems. (3 to 5 Questions)
- Statement Assumption/Conclusion/Argument/Course of Action.(5 Questions)
|Author||To BUY With Offer Price|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||Buy Here Rs.149|
|Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||S.Chand||Buy Here (Rs.344)|
|The modern approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Agarwal.||Buy Here (Rs.320)|
General English – SBI PO Exam Syllabus 2019
- Reading Comprehension.
Generally, the reading comprehension passage will be from these topics – Education, Technology, Transport Banking & Economy, Business, Politics, Governance, and Social Issues.
- Fill in the blanks (5 to 10 Questions)
Double blanks or single blank questions based on vocabulary. One can answer these questions by elimination method and develop your vocabulary.
- Sentence Correction / Spotting errors (It’s purely on English Grammar part – Tenses, Active and Passive Voice, Subject-Verb Agreement, Part of Speech,).
- Para jumbles. (The set of 5 to 6 Sentences of the same topic will be given herein different order. We have to arrange these sentences to form a meaningful paragraph).
- Antonyms/Synonyms based Questions.
To BUY With Offer Price
|High School English Grammar||Wren and Martin||Click Here to Buy Rs. 230|
|Objective General English||Arihant publications||Click Here To Buy|
|Word Power made Easy||Norman Lewis||Click Here to Buy Rs.112|
|Descriptive General English||Arihant Publications||Click Here to Buy Rs.166|
SBI PO Syllabus General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness:
- Banking Knowledge and Latest Banking Updates
- Union Budget 2017-18
- Regular Current Affairs in the following topics.
- The candidate needs to follow the regular newspapers and monthly current affairs magazines to answer the questions under this section.
|Book Name||Author||To BUY With Offer Price|
|Banking Awareness for all Bank Exams – SBI/IBPS/RBI/RRB POs and Clerks||Disha Publications||Buy now (Rs.89)|
|Banking Awareness||Arihant Publications||Buy Now (R.144)|
|Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) for Bank POs||Ramesh Publishing House||Click Here to Buy Rs. 100|
To BUY With Offer Price
|Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions||Arihant Experts||Buy Now Rs. 178|
|Computer Knowledge||BK Publishing||Buy Here|
|Computer Knowledge Previous years Questions 3250+||Kiran Prakashan||BUY NOW (Rs.105)|
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019:
The total of 100 questions are asked from 3 sections –
- English, (30 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions), and
- Reasoning (35 Questions).
There will be negative marks for wrong selection of answers so avoid wrong guesses otherwise marks will cut from the correct wrong answers and each section has individual cut off marks so you need to concentrate on all sections getting high marks in one section and getting fail marks will not help us to promote for phase II Exam.
Only qualified candidates in SBI PO Prelims exam will only eligible to take next level of Exam.
SBI PO Prelims 2018 Cut Off Marks