Today’s Current Affairs Questions and Answers – 10th May 2017.
1. Who has been elected as the new president of South Korea in recent elections?
Notes: South Korea Prime Minister: Hwang Kyo-Ahn
Currency: South Korean won.
2. The Union Labour and Employment Ministry is planning to provide housing for _____________families by the year 2022.
4.5 Crore labour families.
Union Labour and Employment Minister: Bandaru Dattatreya.
3. India has been collaborated with which country to strengthen Defence Co-Operation for ensuring regional peace and stability.
Currency: Japanese yen
Prime Minister: Shinzo Abe.
4. Who took charge as the chairperson of Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. (GCPL)?
5. Who won the prestigious Indian National Science Academy (NSA) medal for Young Scientist 2017?
Prof. Vikram Vishal.
6. According to IMF, What is the expected economic growth rate of India in 2018-19?
7.7%. (It is 7.2% in 2017-18)
7. Who is the Chief Economist and Director General of ADB (Asian Development Bank)?
8. Who were appointed as the new members in the CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs)?
R K Mahajan and Mahender Singh.
Notes: Head Quarters: New Delhi,
Chairperson of CBEC: Mrs. Vanaja N. Sarna.
9. Which of the private sector bank has been partnered with Cashkaro.com to set up card-linked cashback proposition?
This is the 5th largest private sector bank in India.
YES Bank Chief Digital Officer: Ritesh Pai.
10. What is the full form of FSSAI working on food safety by setting up a 11 member committee to avoid high in Fat, Salt, Sugar content foods?
FSSAI – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. (
FSSAI Chairperson: Ashish Bahuguna, FSSAI CEO: Kumar Agarwal.
11. The BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.) has come out of its poor quality service tag ‘Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega’ with its improved quality service from the last 2 years and replaced it with ‘Behtar Seva ki Nai Lagan’ Said Union Telecom Minister ‘Manoj Sinha’.
12. Which is the annual joint military exercise of US and Philippines?
Balikatan (Shoulder to Shoulder).
Philippines Capital: Manila.
Currency: Philippine Peso
President: Rodrigo Duterte
AERA – Airport Economic Regulatory Authority.
CBEC – Central Board of Excise and Customs.
EPFO – Employees Provident Fund Organisation
GST – Goods and Services Tax.
FSSAI – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
WIPO – World Intellectual Property Organisation.
DIPP – Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
FERC – Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.